Topic: Google has a fun theremin "Doodle" on their search engine today

Once you pass the test, you are taken to a brief demonstration of how it can be made to sound close to a violin or vocal, and then the instrument is available for playing. The Options button in the lower left corner leads to an interface where one can change the waveforms and the scale, etc. There's also a link to information about Clara Rockmore, the theremin player who took it as a serious, subtle instrument.

Going to this page lets one use the instrument or any Google "Doodle" after today has passed.  http://www.google.com/doodles/clara-roc...h-birthday

Don't see a way to directly record from it. I suppose one could find a way.

Related to Pianoteq? Well, no, but I thought that people might be interested, since the sound is not at all bad, and Clara Rockmore's music is worth a listen or three.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (09-03-2016 17:30)

Re: Google has a fun theremin "Doodle" on their search engine today

I could write an application that enables you to play that way, if somebody has an idea how to control pitch and volume independently and smoothly. The single square field does not allow you to have any precision.  Two mouses, may be? (Do not know, how to decouple them, especially on Windows)