Topic: Suggestion for PianoTeq Developers - MIDI Mapping

PianoTeq is very versatile and configurable with respect to responding to various MIDI data such as control changes, program changes, etc.

However, I have a small suggestion.

I have a MIDI keyboard (a Yamaha CP5) that allows a footswitch to be configured to send any one of dozens of controller data, or to increment or decrement a program change.

I would like to be able to use the footswitch to cause PianoTeq to change to the next preset. The problem I have is this. The footswitches I have (both of them commonly used as on/off sustain pedal switches) send TWO MIDI messages when pressed then released, a value of 0 (off) followed by 127 (on), or vice versa (127 followed by 0). If I set the footswitch at the keyboard to send MIDI controller 3 data, and then set PianoTeq's MIDI mapping to respond to MIDI controller 3 in order to trigger "Next Preset," PianoTeq responds to both the 0 and the 127 value created by pressing the footswitch only once (pressed down, then released) by changing to the next preset TWICE, moving forward by two preset sounds rather than one.

It would be nice if one could choose an optional MIDI value ("any" or "all," or a specific value such as 0 or 127), so that PianoTeq would act upon that MIDI mapping only when receiving the specified value. In other words, if I were able to do the following in PianoTeq's MIDI mapping dialog--

Controller 3 (or whichever controller one wishes PianoTeq to respond to) --> Value: 127 --> Next Preset

-it would allow me (and others in a similar situation) to use a common on/off sustain pedal switch to cycle between PianoTeq presets or control other features one parameter or value at a time, without PianoTeq responding to the footswitch press and release as two separate instances of the same MIDI controller.

Just a suggestion. :-)

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (08-03-2016 21:54)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: Suggestion for PianoTeq Developers - MIDI Mapping

You might want to have a look at MIDI filtering programs or hardware (like MIDISolutions event processor) for an interim solution.