Topic: Fixed audio glitches by changing computer's power settings

I have a relatively robust quad core desk top. For some reason, I was getting a pop or sound anomaly every 15 minutes with Pianoteq. I tried changing polyphony, latency, and other performance settings. All to no avail.

As a last resort, I went to my computer's power settings, and I switched from balanced to high performance. That fixed the problem. I now have polyphony at 128 and latency at 2.7ms at 96hz with my Scarlett 2i2. Maybe this will be helpful for others.

The computer should be able to handle Pianoteq with the normal power settings, but all I care about is that I'm not interrupted in my muse.

Last edited by beakybird (05-12-2015 00:54)
Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

Re: Fixed audio glitches by changing computer's power settings

unless you're working on battery, you should always use a high performance setting, there is absolutely no reason to use any other. Another thing: keep an eye on the graphic settings: disabling useless things like "aero" can also improve the audio performances. A lot.

Re: Fixed audio glitches by changing computer's power settings

Hi Beakybird,

I had the same experience... in fact whenever I see a post of someone in trouble with sound quality I always suggest creating a power profile for live music play.
For best results, if you want, you can even create a dedicated user profile, with unwanted services and start-up applications disabled.
Never had another issue since!
Cheers

Last edited by mfiadeiro (07-12-2015 18:42)