Hi All

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wdqo800h29bk...PKsnHpto6a

here is the adjustment to the Spectrum Profile use in the Eureka preset

Works lovey with the Casio PX5S Normal Curve and PianoTeq's Normal Curve

Let me know what you think

Kindest Regards

Chris

Re: RE. EuREka .fxp posted to the FXP Corner

Just tested it, with all settings I'm used to but with yours Spectrum Profile edit. Yes, it is more even. I need to play more to be absolutely sure. Can you please share some theory behind what you did? I'm very interested in this topic and would like to do some input on my side, maybe some structurized tests if you can guide me.

I did some tests with my PX-150 some time ago and it was clear to me that the white keys are somewhat harder to control at the extremely low velocities than blacks.

ADDED: will it work the same way with other pianos or it is Bluthner specific?

ADDED: Hard to tell, I need some other person to help me with a blind test, maybe I'll do it later. I clearly hear it is more even, but it can possibly be a placebo effect.

Last edited by AKM (03-11-2015 19:05)

Hi Andrei

Glad you find the topic interesting. I'm still working on an improved version of the spectrum profile edit. I find that the adjustments work for other Pianoteq models too. I'm still learning myself Andrei, but I'll do my best to answer questions. Basically, at the moment what I do is this - I listen for frequencies that are too prominent. I locate the frequency(ies) by increasing and decreasing the volume of the various frequency bands in the spectrum profile pane. If I increase a frequency band that is close to the prominent frequency, it will sound louder than surrounding bands/frequencies. Once I think I've got the over prominent frequecy(ies), I check to see if one of the three harmonics presets in the spectrum editor will work with this frequency to level out/smooth chromatic runs. This is my present M.O..

I'll post more results and updated files as they are done.

Hope this helps,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Can you use this with the Standard Version?  How do you apply it?  I have a PX-150.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

GRB wrote:

Can you use this with the Standard Version?  How do you apply it?  I have a PX-150.

Drop the FXP file right on top of the interface. Yes, Standard is fine, Stage is not. Seriously, why there is no "Load preset" entry in the File menu? It is what really expected to be there.

Last edited by AKM (05-11-2015 15:15)

After more work on the Sectrum Profile I discovered that a simple adjustment to slider no.3 of the global sliders produces a very clean piano sound. It removes the particular unwanted global sound character that I could hear. If you wish to recreate the adjustment, slide Spectrum Profile global slider no.3 down to the position of -0.11  That's it!

Let me know your opinions,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

-0.10 down on no.3 is nicer over my speakers.

Further testing required.

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Sorry for not answering, it is sometimes my perception go nuts, played too much with different models/settings/speakers/headphones recently - got totally lost. Need some break, sorry.

AKM wrote:

Sorry for not answering, it is sometimes my perception go nuts, played too much with different models/settings/speakers/headphones recently - got totally lost. Need some break, sorry.

No problem Andrei, I know the feeling! Take as long as you need to.

Kindest Regards,

Chris

sigasa wrote:

After more work on the Sectrum Profile I discovered that a simple adjustment to slider no.3 of the global sliders produces a very clean piano sound. It removes the particular unwanted global sound character that I could hear. If you wish to recreate the adjustment, slide Spectrum Profile global slider no.3 down to the position of -0.11  That's it!

Let me know your opinions,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Is this on the Pro Version, or the Standard Version?

I've had unwanted extra noise when creating wave from Pianoteq converted to mp3 with Audacity, and then listening on my Android (Google Invasion of Personal Privacy Spy Phone).

Last edited by GRB (07-11-2015 16:25)

Hi GRB,

Pro Version. I'm seriously considering silicone greasing the board up. How's the key you greased?

Kindest Regards,

Chris

sigasa wrote:

Hi GRB,

Pro Version. I'm seriously considering silicone greasing the board up. How's the key you greased?

Kindest Regards,

Chris

No problems, I totally forgot about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcwj4xlciz12v..._.fxp?dl=0

Link to .fxp for Casio PX5S / Pianoteq. I like the overall player experience (physical/audio interrelationship).

Maybe someone could improve it ?

Kindest Regards,

Chris

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty9vj6t8prv88...5.fxp?dl=0

Eureka 5 (beautifully smooth results in terms of velocity.

I took a different approach in the last files uploaded than in those before. Instead of using note-for-note adjustments, I have tried to locate a 'mean average' position by adjusting the global voicing using the three hammer hardness sliders (piano/mezzo/forte).

This .fxp should work for any of the Privia/CDP range, as well as all the Casio boards of the same slab build type.

If you own a Casio Previa/CDP or indeed any of the casio hammer action boards/pianos, maybe you'd like to try the .fxp (link above) and let me know if you hear any improvements. This .fxp is for use with the default 'normal' velocity curve (line).

I hope that this would make your Casio even more enjoyable,

Kindest Regards,

Chris