Topic: Bluthner Note B3 (71) 8th (4055Hz) reduced to -7.5dB

Hi all,

As I've had extremely little experience adjusting spectrum frequencies, I had not realised what a massive difference the volume of a single frequency could make to the overall piano sound. For quite some time I had suspected a rogue frequency volume in the Bluthner and early indications show that lowering note B3 (71) 8th (4055Hz) to -7.5dB improves the evenness of the Bluthners range. I wish to test further tomorrow morning and may also record a video on this theme for the contest (last opportunity). I also think that this may indeed have solved what I thought to be mainly velocity specific sound variations which I'd tried to adjust using hammer hardness adjustment, but I found that even when certain neighbouring notes were played triggering close or identicle velocities, the differences in their timbre and character were noticeably audible. My conclusion was that it must be a particular frequency (or frequencies) causing this rather than velocity response inconsistencies alone.

Anyway, more tomorrow,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Re: Bluthner Note B3 (71) 8th (4055Hz) reduced to -7.5dB

sigasa wrote:

Hi all

Hello, Chris. Are you aware that your nipples are under discussion over in the "Keyboards - Authenticity vs. Playability" thread? I am quite curious as to whether or not you ever started using yours again. My own are nowhere to be found, I completely misplaced them after their removal a couple of years back...but I am totally OK without them.

Re: Bluthner Note B3 (71) 8th (4055Hz) reduced to -7.5dB

mabry wrote:
sigasa wrote:

Hi all

Hello, Chris. Are you aware that your nipples are under discussion over in the "Keyboards - Authenticity vs. Playability" thread? I am quite curious as to whether or not you ever started using yours again. My own are nowhere to be found, I completely misplaced them after their removal a couple of years back...but I am totally OK without them.

Made me laugh!!!

Thank you for the heads up Mabry.

Apologies for not updating yesterday.

I'm still working with the spectrum thingy. Also didn't make video either. I'll go check on my nipples now,

Kindest Regards,

Chris