Topic: Piano model selection as a one of a front panel settings (suggestion)

I know, it's a raw idea and considering the recent Pianoteq design it is not so logically possible, but maybe for the future versions something could be done here. I'd really like to be able to kind of change the piano model right from the front settings panel instead of freezing the parameters and choosing the whole new preset and the model from the presets list.

Re: Piano model selection as a one of a front panel settings (suggestion)

Now that's an interesting suggestion, I must say. Let's see what Modartt thinks.

Hard work and guts!

I'd like to just have a small set of my presets immediately available without have to search through the entire instrument voices selection list.  Or be able to move my presets to the top of the list.  Note: a preset could be a stock instrument with unmodified settings.  I'm surprised this doesn't already exist.

Last edited by GRB (21-10-2015 17:06)
Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

GRB wrote:

I'd like to just have a small set of my presets immediately available without have to search through the entire instrument voices selection list.  Or be able to move my presets to the top of the list.  Note: a preset could be a stock instrument with unmodified settings.  I'm surprised this doesn't already exist.

It does. The preset manager enables you to display what you want by filtering the name, the bank and the instrument or a subset of those choices. Just create the bank you need and use it.

Gilles wrote:
GRB wrote:

It does. The preset manager enables you to display what you want by filtering the name, the bank and the instrument or a subset of those choices. Just create the bank you need and use it.

Or even assign a MIDI event to a recall a certain preset(s).

Gilles wrote:
GRB wrote:

Thanks, I'll have to learn how to do it.

AKM wrote:
Gilles wrote:
GRB wrote:

How do you create a new bank? (Linux)

GRB wrote:
AKM wrote:
Gilles wrote:

When right-clicking on the save button for a preset or using the menu entry "Save preset as" you are presented with the default bank name "My Presets". Just override this name with the new name you want to use and it will be added to the bank list at the bottom right of the file manager. This is under Mac OSX, Linux should be the same.

Gilles wrote:
GRB wrote:
AKM wrote:

When right-clicking on the save button for a preset or using the menu entry "Save preset as" you are presented with the default bank name "My Presets". Just override this name with the new name you want to use and it will be added to the bank list at the bottom right of the file manager. This is under Mac OSX, Linux should be the same.

^ this is a proper way. Also you can just create the subfolder in the Presets folder in your file manager.