Topic: Bluethner DP line?!

Just recently found this accidentally:
http://eklavier.com/index.php/en/models...agoni_2015
http://eklavier.com/index.php/en/

Any experience anybody?

Re: Bluethner DP line?!

Unfortunately they use Fatar keybeds which are not as good as, for example, those found in the new Casio Hybrid Pianos ( GP300, GP500).

I do have experience of the Fatar actions (TP40WOOD and TP100LR. The velocity response of these beds are inconsistent.

Hope this helps,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Unfortunately they use Fatar keybeds which are not as good as, for example, those found in the new Casio Hybrid Pianos ( GP300, GP500).

I do have experience of the Fatar actions (TP40WOOD and TP100LR. The velocity response of these beds are inconsistent.

Hope this helps,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

sorry for the double post

http://music.casio.com/en/products/digi.../products/

Some extensive info on the Casio GP300 / GP500

That's so strange, I'd expect them to have something their own inside instead of just a logo on top.

Sure they do, AIR soundsource is all Casio tech. Action is also theirs, except they used the same wood C. Bechstein grands use for keys (austrian spruce).

Last edited by EvilDragon (21-10-2015 12:15)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Sure they do, AIR soundsource is all Casio tech. Action is also theirs, except they used the same wood C. Bechstein grands use for keys (austrian spruce).

It was about Bluethner.

Ah! Sorry, thought you were responding to the Casio-related post above yours.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

How does Austrian Spruce compare to American Pine?  Is Douglis Fir acceptable or is it too heavy?

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

GRB wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

How does Austrian Spruce compare to American Pine?  Is Douglis Fir acceptable or is it too heavy?

Douglis Fir and American Pine are too specific for transmitting the performance nuances, it's ok for the Baroque music but not so good for Romantic age compositions. Austrian Spruce is obviously much better suites different styles of music. Keep in mind that the difference is not so obvious for grand pianos but in case of Casio GP line up it is a crucial decision.

the e-Klavier 2 looks beautiful.

xkuruma wrote:

I'm sure it does, but I wouldn't go for it if it was me because it will be let down by the low end Fatar action's inconsistent velocity response. Ask me how I know!

Kindest Regards,

Chris

sigasa wrote:
xkuruma wrote:

I'm sure it does, but I wouldn't go for it if it was me because it will be let down by the low end Fatar action's inconsistent velocity response. Ask me how I know!

Kindest Regards,

Chris

How do you know?

lol. Don't worry, I don't even think they would be available where I live. I'm hopefully gonna get a yamaha clp545 soon.