Topic: Feedback: Macbook Pro 13 Retina (2015) and Kawai VPC1

Hello there,

i'm renewed my equipment and i want to give you only a "yes it works" feedback :-).
I bought an new Macbook Pro 13" with Retina Display, 2x 2,7 GHz CPU and 256 GB SSD.
A dream came true and i bought a Kawai VPC1 too. What a fantastic keyboard.
With Pianoteq Stage and only the Onboard-Soundchip from the Mac i can use 64 Samples without crackle or interference.
The sound is not perfect but it sounds very good.
In the future i will buy an external Audio Interface like RME e.g.

For a better sound experience which audio interface do you prefer? I only need perfect sound characteristics and one output for speakers and headphone..

kind Regards,
Chris

Last edited by keychris (02-10-2015 07:46)

Re: Feedback: Macbook Pro 13 Retina (2015) and Kawai VPC1

Hello Keychris,

You may want to look into an Apogee Duet audio interface.  I have been using the original version for I-don't-know-how-many years with my MacPro.  It requires a 110 volt AC source, and has no on-off switch (never turned it off in years, except during thunderstorms when I pull the main breaker to my system); the Duet has operated flawlessly in my system.

The Duet is something to consider in terms of its sound quality, 1/4" headphone jack, firewire input, two mic inputs and two audio outputs.  It is through this piece of equipment that I have made demos for Pianoteq's main website.  If I had to replace my audio interface due to theft or fire or some other unforeseen circumstance, I would gladly purchase the most current version of Apogee Duet, again.

Cheers,

Joe

Duet comes with a pack of bundled software for free (where free means you must pay for it whether you want it or not). Look for something free of vendor bulk, like Schiit Modi/Magni ( 200$ ) or something that simple and clean.

I was very happy with a Fiio Taishan connected via Toslink. Small money, good audio - to my ears that is of course.

cheers

rookie