Topic: A 440 ringing since last patch

Since last patch, I noticed that A 440 is "ringing" (other A as well, but less so), sounding much louder than the other notes. It's quite obvious and unpleasant, and I was wondering if anyone had noticed it as well. Here's an example with a celesta.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/469...roblem.mp3

As you can hear, the A440 played at 7 seconds is way stronger than the other notes, whereas the velocity is exactly the same for every notes. The Lower D is also quite strong. Every pianoteq instruments have this same behaviour.

Re: A 440 ringing since last patch

Could not replicate it on my Stage. But I have such bad notes on Rhodes. Did you try to change reverb type and delay? Sounds like a resonance.

Re: A 440 ringing since last patch

That's interesting.  I was just about to post a topic about something similar.  On the D4 piano model, I am noticing a rattle sound on C5 (the C above middle C).  I notice it most when alternating between A4 and C5 or C5 and E5.  It is subtle, but apparent if you go back and forth between these notes for several beats with the pedal down.  I believe it is the same sound you hear when the speakers are turned up too much.  I tried different headphones, but the problem remains.

Not sure how to upload a sample. 

Between nearby notes, I don't hear it.  For example, G4 and B5 or B4 and D5 sound fine.

Edit:  Sorry, I just noticed that pianoteq considers middle C to be C3.  According to this, the problem note is C4.

Last edited by rjawad1 (29-09-2015 07:24)