Topic: Tablet for portability?

I play vibraphone using Pianoteq and a midi mallet controller (Xylosynth).
At the moment I play through an i5 dual core 1.7GHz laptop with external soundcard with no problem.
For portability in performance I was thinking that a cheap Windows tablet (cheap being the operative word) might work.
For a start my polyphony of 16 seems to work (I'm not that good!) with 256 sample rate.
I've tested the CPU usage when playing and at most it uses only 10% of the laptop.
I'm looking at a Linx tablet which has an Atom 3735 quad 1.83GHz processor.
I've even tried a Raspberry Pi2 which on paper I think might work but I couldn't unzip the Linux Pianoteq.
As you can probably tell my computer knowledge is not that great but as I am only using Pianoteq for one thing so I don't think I need great power. Trouble is you can't try these thing without buying first.
Any views, advice out there? Thanks.

Re: Tablet for portability?

You should be fine with that.

Hard work and guts!

JoJon wrote:

I've even tried a Raspberry Pi2 which on paper I think might work but I couldn't unzip the Linux Pianoteq.

Hi,

the ARM architecture of the Raspi is not supported by Pianoteq.

Thanks for your replies.
Groovy. I researched a bit what you said and I sort of understand. I can stop messing with the RaspPi and use for something else now, thanks.

EvilDragon. I've since found other entries in this forum where members have tried on lesser/old computers and got Pianoteq working so I am thinking I will be ok. My only concern is latency.

You should be fine with 256 samples buffer, I think.

Hard work and guts!