Topic: Presets and Upgrading from Stage to Standard

Hoping for some advice on the following two separate (but connected) issues please folks:

I upgraded from Stage to Standard recently and was surprised to find that rather than 'upgrading' my Stage installation the Standard installed alongside the Stage, so now I have both?
Should I have manually pointed the Standard install program to overwrite the Stage?

Also I have a project in Cubase 8 that currently uses the Stage.
I only have one user preset saved, but that preset was saved from the 'plugin' version of Stage within the project, not using the standalone preset 'manager'.

Where I want to end up is with Standard replacing Stage in the project and to be able to load my tweaked Stage preset into Standard... and then tweak a whole heap more... mmm... can't wait

Can anyone help or do I need to ask Support?

Re: Presets and Upgrading from Stage to Standard

In my case I had to deactivate the Stage version before the Standard could be activated.  Consider yourself lucky unless you paid the discounted price for the Standard, and not the upgrade price from the Stage to the Standard.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

Hi GRB - well I got the upgrade with the 30% discount currently on offer - I did think it would just be a case of applying a new licence code to the existing Stage install but that didn't seem to want to work - in the emailed instructions it said to download the Standard and install (or so I thought) so that's what I did.

Perhaps if I'd deactivated the Stage first and then tried the new licence code it would have worked?

I really don't know.  It was a frustrating and confusing process for me.  In the end, I was successful, and my previously modified instruments were to be found in the Standard Model menus.  Meanwhile the Stage version will no longer launch.  The main thing I gained from upgrading was being able to adjust the loudness of individual notes which helps a lot with the playability being that I have a Casio with MIDI velocity of over 16,000 increments, at least that's what's claimed.

Last edited by GRB (27-07-2015 16:59)
Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

In the 4.x days (about 1.5 to 2 years ago) i upgraded from stage to standard with no problems. Maybe something changed in the process since? what OS do you guys use? (linux here)

http://soundcloud.com/delt01
Pianoteq 5 STD+blüthner, Renoise 3 • Roland FP-4F + M-Audio Keystation 88es
Intel i5@3.4GHz, 16GB • Linux Mint xfce 64bit

Thanks GBR and delt - have sorted now - saved preset from Stage in the preset management window and then loaded into Std.
For some reason the 'Cubase' preset just would not share between the two, even when I copied from Stage's VST preset folder to Std's.

Support contacted me (very promptly I must say) and confirmed what I needed to do - so now will just uninstall the old Stage version.
I've pointed my Cubase instrument track at the Std. version and loaded the preset.

Must say it would be a lot simpler if the 'upgrade' did work as one might expect and just seamlessly upgraded the existing install by default!

So this topic is closed