Topic: Difficulty Activating My Stage version Purchased a few days ago

Unable to activate after changing computers.  I bought an Acer Aspire from Costco which I returned because of screen jitter problems.  Now I have a Dell Inspiron that I bought at Best Buy.  It's not perfect but better than the Acer.  Anyway, your website is claiming that I already registered the Dell which is impossible.  Since I don't use Windows, I did use my own SSD in both computers.  I reinstalled Linux Mint Last night and Pianoteq would no longer launch.  The difficulty in activating Pianoteq is a super negative.  Modartt needs to figure out a smoother method of activation.  It's too complex and a total nuisance.

Last edited by GRB (16-07-2015 14:29)
Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

Re: Difficulty Activating My Stage version Purchased a few days ago

What does 0/3 activation slot mean?  Does it mean 3 are available or none are available.  How do you activate?  It tells me this computer is activated, when I just bought it on July 13.  I deactivated my previous computer which was an Acer, this is a Dell.  How can they be considered the same?  What method is used to figure out what someone is running?  Is it the HD serial number or what?  In any case this is extremely annoying.

0/3 means that nothing is activated (if you used up all 3 slots, it would show 3/3).

Contact Modartt via support form directly, they'll sort you out.

BTW, activation never really was a problem over here. A couple of clicks and all good. Far from being a nuisance.

Hard work and guts!

GRB wrote:

The difficulty in activating Pianoteq is a super negative.  Modartt needs to figure out a smoother method of activation.  It's too complex and a total nuisance.

Agreed 100%. Total pain in the ass, especially if you use more than one OS on the same computer, which takes up 2 "activation slots".

This whole "activation" scheme just gives me the impression that Modartt doesn't trust their customers and need some way to keep us on a leash.

/* edit */ Just right now, i was trying to test if the VST works in renoise on OSX, and launching from VirtualBox it said something like "too much stuff has changed on your computer, so you need to activate pianoteq again" .... wouldn't even run in demo mode...

Last edited by delt (16-07-2015 19:18)
http://soundcloud.com/delt01
Pianoteq 5 STD+blüthner, Renoise 3 • Roland FP-4F + M-Audio Keystation 88es
Intel i5@3.4GHz, 16GB • Linux Mint xfce 64bit

Sorry for your problems guys, but I need to comment that I personally absolutely enjoy the Pianoteq registration scheme. I could easily register it on my main computer, my notebook (which I never use actually) and what I love is that I can still painlessly activate it sometimes at some of my friends houses on their equipment (for my personal performance and demoing the software). No dongles, no nothing, fast and legit.

Last edited by AKM (16-07-2015 19:46)

Issue resolved for me presently.  Since you mentioned a dongle,  I think I might possibly prefer that as an option.  At least you own it, and could sell it.  I got upset because I de-registered my first machine, but then could not activate my second.  It claimed the second was already registered.  This was on Linux which may be harder to identify what is actually running.  All said and done,  I would really like this thing built into a Casio with a screen.  The Casio voices are largely worthless after you have a Pianoteq.  What is needed is a screen for the adjustments, and good built in speakers that aren't too heavy, but sound good.  Now I'm thinking the screen should be flat on top of the keyboard with the music desk behind.  Some sort of 10" tablet should do fine if it was properly conceived.  The plastic music desk could be left just as it is now.  Most of the internal Casio electronics could be eliminated other than the audio reinforcement.  I few Knobs to control volume and EQ would probably do it.  I think it would be better to have actual pots than to horse around with a touch interface for on the fly tweaks.

Last edited by GRB (17-07-2015 00:32)

AKM wrote:

Sorry for your problems guys, but I need to comment that I personally absolutely enjoy the Pianoteq registration scheme. I could easily register it on my main computer, my notebook (which I never use actually) and what I love is that I can still painlessly activate it sometimes at some of my friends houses on their equipment (for my personal performance and demoing the software). No dongles, no nothing, fast and legit.

+1
I find the system very easy to use

stamkorg wrote:
AKM wrote:

+1
I find the system very easy to use

+1
I also think that this solution is AWESOME! And when in trouble, Pianoteq's costumer support deals with it fast and efficiently.

Yeah, sorry Modartt for what i wrote above. I wasn't in a good mood....

But i still think only 3 activations is too restrictive.

http://soundcloud.com/delt01
Pianoteq 5 STD+blüthner, Renoise 3 • Roland FP-4F + M-Audio Keystation 88es
Intel i5@3.4GHz, 16GB • Linux Mint xfce 64bit

3 CONCURRENT activations are perfectly fine. What do you need to have Pianoteq on 10 computers at once for?

Hard work and guts!