Topic: Keyboard controller

I have a CME VX80 keyboard controller. I use "M Gear" pedals with it which are on/off and I don't know whether the CME can be set up for half-pedaling - either at all or with these pedals or with a different pedal.

Can anyone advise me?

I'm also sorta wondering whether I can set up a half-pedaling effect through Protools.

Sorry about this mundane subject matter, but it's a real pain not having half-pedaling and I could do with some advice if anyone has the time.

My email address is harry323@mac.com.

Best wishes,

Harry.

Re: Keyboard controller

The VX80 has an expression jack. If you can assign that to CC#64, you essentially transform it into a continuous sustain (half damper) jack. Check the keyboard's manual to see if the expression jack can be reassigned - my guess would be yes. If not, then a last-resort solution would be to have the expression controller within Pianoteq act as sustain pedal.

As for the pedals themselves, a pedal that's capable of continuous operation has a tip+ring+sleeve connector, whereas an on/off pedal has only tip+sleeve connector. If you don't have a continuous one, i recommend something like a Roland DP-10. That's what i use with my M-audio (using the same trick of re-assigning the expression jack) and it works perfectly.

http://soundcloud.com/delt01
Pianoteq 5 STD+blüthner, Renoise 3 • Roland FP-4F + M-Audio Keystation 88es
Intel i5@3.4GHz, 16GB • Linux Mint xfce 64bit

Re: Keyboard controller

Thank you very much for your advice. I have ordered a Roland DP-10 and will start messing around with it when it arrives. Very interesting and useful info about CC#64. My guess is that expresion jack can be reassigned.  Thank you so much,

Harry