Topic: How to make Midi into usable quality audio CD

I have several original compositions of mine save in Pianoteq that need to be delivered to a DJ so that he can use them at a wedding. I tried converting within Pianoteq to WAV and that sounds horrendous. The midi sounds great but it sounds like a tin can on a string after converted. I imagine that the DJ can't play the midi files though ? You guys who make CD's how do you handle this ? Any programs etc will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: How to make Midi into usable quality audio CD

Can you explain how you converted the files to wav?
They should sound just as they sounded when you recorded them.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11

I selected from the recently played list, hit "Save midi file" then Export Wave. I assumed that did a conversion. In my documents folder are two folders Entitled "Random". Random is the song sequence I had saved as a test.

Incidentally, I sent that first Saved file ( save midi file ) to a USB stick and it played fine on my wife's laptop which has no Pianoteq. Beautiful actually. So where am I headed here ? It's 4 min 56 sec long and 48 MB.

Edit: Ok, I hit properties to find out that first save Is A Wav. So now wondering why the export feature turns it to pot, the first file is fine.

Last edited by mp6in (16-06-2015 16:11)

OR:....use a DAW!!

For anything MORE than just playing the piano, it pays to perform Pianoteq as a DAW (VST) plug-in, that will give you all kids of possibilities, like converting to WAV, MP3, etc etc.

mp6in wrote:

Incidentally, I sent that first Saved file ( save midi file ) to a USB stick and it played fine on my wife's laptop which has no Pianoteq. Beautiful actually. So where am I headed here ? It's 4 min 56 sec long and 48 MB.

Edit: Ok, I hit properties to find out that first save Is A Wav. So now wondering why the export feature turns it to pot, the first file is fine.

Playing a MIDI file on a computer that has no Pianoteq has nothing to do with Pianoteq: The MIDI file does not contain any sound from Pianoteq. It just contains information about the song (note on, note off and so on). If you play it on a synthesizer it will sound like a synthesizer. If you play it on your wife's laptop it will sound like the piano that is used in the soundfont that is used to play midifiles on your wife's laptop.

The MIDI file can't be 48 MB, it should be much smaller because it does not contain any sound.

If Pianoteq plays a MIDI file it uses the Pianoteq technology to play the MIDI information with Pianoteq sound. It's also possible to select a different Preset after you have made a MIDI recording. For example to record a MIDI file using a K2 piano and play back using a Harpsichord.

If you convert/record the result to WAV the WAV is the result of Pianoteq playing the MIDI file using the Preset and settings you have selected. What you hear is what you get. Or at least it should be.

Last edited by m.tarenskeen (20-06-2015 16:13)

Thank's. It sounds great on everything I have run it on so far. It's rendered as a WAV file, which is uncompressed.