Topic: Priority velocity curves

The equipment is:  Kawai VPC1-Pianoteq Stage. The Kawai exhibited curve "Pianoteq". The Pianoteq its curve. How is the priority? What curve will actually work? As in this case all set up correctly?

Kawai VPC1|Pianoteq Standard|Focusrite Scarlett 18i8|KRK ROKIT RP103 G4

Re: Priority velocity curves

If you use the VPC-1 "Pianoteq" curve, then you should let the factory curve inside Pianoteq IMO.

And it is possible more in detail? How to do it? I knew only one thing: if there Pianjteq curve changes, it takes precedence. This I tested the game on Kawai. You can make your settings Pianjteq ignored curves and always used Kawai? (Sorry, I use "Google Translate")

Last edited by Mr.st.andy (20-05-2015 10:50)
Kawai VPC1|Pianoteq Standard|Focusrite Scarlett 18i8|KRK ROKIT RP103 G4

Freeze the velocity curve when you set it to be linear. Then all presets will use that curve, and VPC-1 curve will be used all the way through.

Hard work and guts!

Mr.st.andy wrote:

The equipment is:  Kawai VPC1-Pianoteq Stage. The Kawai exhibited curve "Pianoteq". The Pianoteq its curve. How is the priority? What curve will actually work? As in this case all set up correctly?

In my opinion "priority" is not the right term here. Theoretically dozens of velocity-mappings/curves can be applied *sequentially*. Every single mapping output is just the mapping input for the next curve. At the end there will always be one effective mapping that could be represented by just *one curve*.

The first mapping is done in the VPC-1 and its output is the input for the velocity-mapping in pianoteq. - I have no VPC-1 (waiting for VPC-2), but my approach would be to choose 1:1-mapping in pianoteq ("neutral") and to find a mapping in the VPC-1 that I like.