Topic: Harshness on some notes

Hello,

On my system some notes sound harsh, too high, a little agressive...
This is the same on all the presets, and especially on the note B5. The "harshness" is more clear on the stereo configuration and more discrete on the sound recording mode.

Can anybody confirm this impression? or is it my system?

Re: Harshness on some notes

stamkorg wrote:

Hello,

On my system some notes sound harsh, too high, a little agressive...
This is the same on all the presets, and especially on the note B5. The "harshness" is more clear on the stereo configuration and more discrete on the sound recording mode.

Can anybody confirm this impression? or is it my system?

On which instrument and preset are you hearing this harsh B5? The default D4

Jake Johnson wrote:

Thank you for your interest.

For example, it is (the B5) clearly aggressive on the D4 Daily Practice, even more on the D4 Blues. At the limit it gives me pain to my ear.
For comparison, the same note is a lot more soft on the K2 Dreamy...
With an analyser I find this concerns the 1000Hz frequency.

stamkorg wrote:
Jake Johnson wrote:

Thank you for your interest.

For example, it is (the B5) clearly aggressive on the D4 Daily Practice, even more on the D4 Blues. At the limit it gives me pain to my ear.
For comparison, the same note is a lot more soft on the K2 Dreamy...
With an analyser I find this concerns the 1000Hz frequency.

Well, 1000 hz is very close to the fundamental on that note (assuming that B5 means the B that is 2 B's above middle C, which in Pianoteq is C3): the fundamental for B5 is around 987-988 hz. So I would suspect the unison detuning or the unison balance. Have you tried experimenting with these? Or possibly detuning the note, slightly, experimenting with raising it and lowering slightly. And then experimenting with the unison detuning and balance.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (07-05-2015 19:18)

Jake Johnson wrote:

Well, 1000 hz is very close to the fundamental on that note (assuming that B5 means the B that is 2 B's above middle C, which in Pianoteq is C3): the fundamental for B5 is around 987-988 hz. So I would suspect the unison detuning or the unison balance. Have you tried experimenting with these? Or possibly detuning the note, slightly, experimenting with raising it and lowering slightly. And then experimenting with the unison detuning and balance.

I only have the Standard version, I will see but I am not sure to do that on my version.
Strange think is that with my headphones the sound is fine

Then it might be your speakers?

Hard work and guts!