Topic: Yamaha N1 & Pianoteq

I have a Yamaha N1 "hybrid" piano, which I love to bits, but since it only comes with 5 piano poices I'm always on the lookout for ways to add more voices. Does anyone know if Pianoteq can be used with a digital piano of this sort?

TIA,

Dogbertd

Re: Yamaha N1 & Pianoteq

Since it can act as a MIDI device, Pianoteq will work perfectly with the N1. It's actually what I would like to upgrade to, once I can afford to spend that much on a digital piano.

Of course, Pianoteq can be used with (almost?) every digital piano.
Using piano built in speakers with Pianoteq can be more or less satisfactory, you will need some tweaking.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11

I agree with the tweaking point.  My ES7 sounds good - but not good enough - with the in-built Kawai sounds, but not so good with software pianos.  It seems that the Kawai speakers are tailored for the Kawai sound.  No idea if the same applies to Yamaha.  I solved the problem with a pair of inexpensive monitors. (Still tweaked PT, of course, but to get the precise sounds I want)

As PT trial version comes for free, all you have to lose is some time ......

I have the same impression with my Roland HP-507.
It does sound good with Pianoteq, but the audio input is a little bit noisy, and even if it is clear that the Pianoteq sound is more accomplished than the internal Roland sound, all in all I feel more connected when I play the Roland alone. It seems that the speakers are more "tuned" for the internal sounds.

What is lacking on the market is a good console controler, with an excellent keybed, solid amplification and speakers and a pair of balanced inputs

Thanks to all. Looks like the only thing I have to lose is some time: i'll give it a bash!

Dogbertd

Dogbertd wrote:

Thanks to all. Looks like the only thing I have to lose is some time: i'll give it a bash!

Dogbertd

It's worth to try, the Pianoteq sounds so much plain, at least in comparison with my DP...