Topic: Pianoteq and Cubase

Hello,
I have a question that is an hard nut to me,
when there is updgrade within pianoteq as P4 to P5 , if i have recorded a project with the P4 version and recently update with P5 , as I remove the P4 Cubase won't recognize the track with P4 and I am obliged to create a new track with P5 and cut past the early ( P4 ) version.
Why can't it be more simple and the pianoteq dll just be recognized as Pianoteq otherwise than P4 or P5, p6 ...
Thank You
GG

Re: Pianoteq and Cubase

Sorry to report this, but what you describe is a problem with the DAW's implementation of a new version of Pianoteq or any other virtual instrument.  I know:  What seems to be a "simple" operation to our brains, has to be coded into machine language for the DAW.

Cubase or any other DAW -- in order to NOT engage unwanted other virtual instruments -- requires an absolute handshake between itself and the virtual instrument software.  Then, the DAW has to know which of the existing tracks are supposed to be played by the different version of VI software.

It's the same situation that your DAW must cope when using Native Instruments Kontakt-2, -3, -4, or -5.  Similarly, with EWQL's PLAY software or gigastudio.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Thank You Joe, but since I am doing nice things with VSL many versions of the sample player ( VSL instrument ) have been done and I haven't the necessity to re-install ...

This also depends on the plugin developer.

Just like NI, Modartt gives a new plugin ID to each new major version of Pianoteq. Especially since the same model (D4) sounds different between v4 and v5, this is why they did it. You were not supposed to remove Pianoteq 4 from your system. Reinstall it (you can download older versions from your user area) and you will be able to open your older DAW projects.

Hard work and guts!