Topic: if I have two computers

I have two computers (macbook and desktop pc), I will need to buy two copies of ptq? then how to be licensed?

Re: if I have two computers

A Pianoteq license can be used for 3 separate machines, regardless of their operating systems (windows, linux, or mac). So you will only need to buy one copy and activate both computers using the same key.

Last edited by Khoa (11-02-2015 10:57)

this is good news! and if crash system (pc users are not immune from it) then I lose one license to reinstall the system? or we are talking about really acting os? an example of life, now on my pc worth win7 / 64bit system on the hdd, if I later will install ssd, and altered the system, I will lose one license?

You never lose license. You have pair login/password to sign in "user area" at pianoteq.com. From user area you can download latest version of Pianoteq for any OS. In user area you can see your key that used to activate Pianoteq on a new machine. One license is 3 activation slots, so you can simultaneously have activated Pianoteq on 3 machines. From user area you can manage your activation slots.

Last edited by Ross (11-02-2015 16:01)
Combine velocity curves: http://output.jsbin.com/cukeme/9

Also, Pianoteq computes some kind of fingerprint for your system that it will recognize as already being activated when you reinstall after an OS crash.

You are able to de-activate systems in the User Area on the Pianoteq website to free up activation slots, but once you de-activate a particular system, you won't be able to re-activate it without some major system modification (new motherboard/CPU perhaps?).

I think that more than a fingerprint on the PC, Pianoteq registers PC's serial number or something like that on their own servers, I tested several linux ´live distros´ before chosing one, activating Pianoteq on every live sesion without losing activation slots.
(A live operating system runs from CD and does not modify the hard disk)
In fact, I use two laptops, one runs MS Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (this last does not work properly) and other has Ubuntu Studio 14.10 and Tango Studio, four copies activated on two PCs = two activation slots utilized.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11

Non, the activation is of one physical computer on ONE operating system.
The "fingerprint" is not the same when using XP or Windows 7.
Still in 2015 i am using Windows XP for main working, and begin to use Seven for games, multimedia, and so on, but nor music or video editing...

...But i am doing the crossgrade, to see what will happen with all my VST plugins, Cubase, how they do well with Seven 32 bit.  ( some VST/ VSTi are note compatible with 64 bit, so this is closed. i

i am using one physical SSD drive for my Windows XP installed working system+softwares
and one other physical SSD drive for begining with Windows 7.
and i swap physically between the two "C:". ( having my datas and "My Documents" in "E:" on another physical drive )

And this is not the same PC Pianoteq acivation slot.

i have 3 physical computers activated, and i am thinking about deactivating the oldest computer i don't use anymore... but i am waiting.
One question :
if i disactivate (definitively) the old PC, what will happen if i buy, in the future, a new license of Pianoteq Play, for example ?
...is it possible to buy some additionnal slots ? This could be very useful, because in an existing CUBASE project, the VST plugin is registered as "Pianoteq 1" or "Pianoteq 4.2" or "Pianoteq 4.5" when using the Pro. If changing for Pianoteq Play, i will have to re-edit the Cubase project for it !

But if having for example 6 activations of the SAME Pianoteq license instead of 3, i keep my registered addons too, and will no have to change something in my musics.
- So is it possible to buy additionnal activations ?

Ondist and Thereminist concertist and composer
Ondes Martenot, Ondéa, Thérémin, player, composer
Messiaen's Turangalîla-Symphony in Cubase with 10 VSTi (including 4 instances of Pianoteq)

cslevine wrote:

And this is not the same PC Pianoteq acivation slot.

i have 3 physical computers activated, and i am thinking about deactivating the oldest computer i don't use anymore... but i am waiting.

Don't do that, perhaps you gave the same computer two different names, I swear I've got two copies activated on the same PC using just one slot. On user zone you hace this warning note:

"If you will reformat or upgrade your operating system, you should not deactivate since the new installation will use the same activation slot."

So, a slot = a pc, not an operating system.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11