Topic: freezing diapason

I am a big KIVIR/Kremsegg fan and user. What I really find difficult to live with is that switching presets will drop the complete tuning, and find myself playing not just in a different temperament, but in a completely different key. I tackle this by freezing the diapason/tuning parameter, but that means in practice that I stay in equal temperament, losing all the charming richness of meantone, kirnberger, etc.

I realize the historical truth in this all, but my modern ears and hands can not cope with playing in one key and hearing another. I should probably duplicate all presets, but it would of course be much simpler to have the option of just freezing the diapason (of the a, or, even better, any key), indepent of the temperament, stretch, etc.

Last edited by pz (07-02-2015 16:11)

Re: freezing diapason

Thanks guys, that is brilliant.

There appears to be a missing solution to the original request for help.
Also, it just took me 3 tries to log in, without any password change, that is stored by my browser - so I suspect a forum software glitch.

aandrmusic wrote:

There appears to be a missing solution to the original request for help.

Sorry for causing confusion. The solution for the request turned up in version 5.2, without any noise, without any fuzz. Suddenly diapason appears in the list of freeze parameters. I am very very impressed.