Topic: Half-pedaling - any suggestions for a make/model?

I use CME 88 note weighted keyboard and Protools.

I have pedals for sustain and for soft pedal, but the sustain is unsatisfactory in that it does not allow for half-pedaling. The logo is "M Gear" and despite looking like real piano pedals, they do not work at half pedal, so I get this nasty on/off sound in the sustain.

Can anyone please recommend a make of pedal that will work with my setup and fix this? I live in the USA.

Incidentally, does half pedaling work with PianoTeq using the una corda pedal?

Many thanks,

Harry.

Re: Half-pedaling - any suggestions for a make/model?

You can drag each of the four pedals up and down to intermediate values, indicating continuous functionality supported by Pianoteq. As for the pedal, there is the Roland DP-10, DP-8 or Yamaha FC3 which support half-pedal functionality, unlike that M-Audio SP-2. Of course, this all assumes your keyboard also supports continuous sustain, which thankfully, yours does (TRS = continuous functionality).

Last edited by lowendtheory (29-11-2014 21:17)

Re: Half-pedaling - any suggestions for a make/model?

I didn't read your reply to my post about half-pedaling until today when I actually posted another identical inquiry. I guess it wasn't forwarded to me - must fix that. But I want to thank you for the response and will get hold of one of the pedals you mention.

Apologies for incredibly late response.

Best wishes,

Harry.