Topic: What about KORG PS 250 ?

Does anybody in here play Pianoteq with this ?

I was in the local music store the other day bashing around on all their keybeds
To my surprice i fell for the (cheap) KORG PS 250 between all the Rolands, Yamaha's etc.
I just had this feeling that the keys was different from all the others, in a good way. I like the way the keys release when letting them go, and i like that they make very little noise (compaired to my Ensoniq TS12)

The PS 250 is a digital piano and i like the thought having an instrument that makes a sound whithout the computer when jamming with my friends, and if i get a nice keybed for playing Pianoteq at the same time the price is very attractive.

Soooo.... has anybody anything to tell about the PS 250 ?
... looking forward to here from you all

Re: What about KORG PS 250 ?

Hi Olepro

I bought the KORG SP250 BK a few months ago. I didn't have it very long - took it back to the store as I found problems with the keyboard response. It's the same action as the KORG KRONOS which has had major issues. If I were you, I'd steer clear of it unless you can hook it up to PianoTeq and demo it before you make a decision. The problems I found were 1. A very narrow dynamic range, and 2. Unwanted note retriggering at low velocities.

Hope this helps Olepro,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Thank you Sigasa for the fast answer.

Has hoped for something a little more positive, but i know you have gained some experience in different keyboards,
so this will make me think before i buy...
What do you actually use for Pianoteq now and are you happy with it ?

Others...

I have a CME uf80 classic and to be truthful, am not happy with it. I have an Acuna88 by Studiologic on order and am hoping this will be an improvement! I shall review it as soon as it arrives. Fatar claims to have improved on their velocity response and dynamic range with the TP100LR keybed as found in the NUNA Nano, NUMA Piano and Acuna88 as well as some of other well known keyboard manufacturers boards. What appeals to me most about the TP100LR is that Waldorf use it in their nearly £3G Zarenbourg! Waldorf claims to have chosen this Keybed for it's responsiveness, something which I am keen to experience firsthand. The Acuna88 at just under £400 is the lowest priced controller keyboard to house the TP100LR.

P.s. anyone else use the TP100LR? Opinions would be helpful.

Hope this helps Olepro,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

I have an SP250 and have used it with pianoteq without problems. I quite like its action. I didn't find the midi range too small and haven't had the retriggering problem.

I'm using a Korg M3-88 which shares the same keybed as the SP-250. I use it for PianoTeq Stage as well as the Galaxy Vintage D. I have no issues. (I'd would prefer the action to be slightly lighter)

Irmin

Hi all,

I must just say that I DID like the action feel of the KORG and that the piano and that it was very well built. I also very much regretted having to take it back. The action extremely resembles that of the Technics action which I played over a decade ago and loved. It is amazingly comfortable to play. So of you like it and find no issues for yourself after demoing it with PianTeq, I'd say go for it Olepro.

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Thank you everyone for your answers.

I will go to the store today and try out the KORG again.
Luckily i know a guy who works there so i can very well get it for a good price.

Thanks
Ole

Hi again

I can see that the PS 250 can do half pedalling but it only sends four values then, (0, 38, 74, 127)
Is this good enough for a acceptable half-pedal funktion ?

olepro wrote:

Hi again

I can see that the PS 250 can do half pedalling but it only sends four values then, (0, 38, 74, 127)
Is this good enough for a acceptable half-pedal funktion ?

I noticed this, too. It works fine. It's better, actually, than my fancy CME pedal that sends many values but sometimes seems a bit random.

Thanks Doug

Allways be better than an on/off pedal i believe