Topic: Special Deals

I'm sure this is not an uncommon issue, but I get a bit annoyed with companies who offer great special deals for new purchases but little to their loyal user base ...

I realise that it's new sales that keep the company growing, but how about some discounts on add-ons for users who have been using and buying upgrades since the beginning???

Re: Special Deals

What about the fact that every time there's a new version, Modartt give you that free?

Most companies would charge you for their new versions, or at least charge you an upgrade fee!

I think that alone is incentive to stay loyal?

Chris

Last edited by sigasa (06-07-2011 00:50)

Well yes, there have been updates as Modarrt have improved their models.  The major added function has been the individual note editing, and I was happy to pay to upgrade from standard to pro in 2009.  I have bought 2 add-ons. 

My point is that long term users rarely get offers of discounted extras.

BTW, Cubase is probably the worst offender for upgrade costs, but that is a subject for their forum.

I really agree with auralsculpture and was a bit 'disappointed' not to see an offer for me - a loyal customers. I own pianoteq and two add-ons - and of course I fully understand that it is crucial to get new customers; and I am a happy user of pianoteq, great product, value for money, etc., but our loyalty & money on the other site helps Modartt to invest in new developments... .
Maybe they listen ;-))

Seb

auralsculpture wrote:

My point is that long term users rarely get offers of discounted extras.

...except users who bought Pianoteq 1 got FREE upgrades up to the last Pianoteq 3 version. Not enough discounted extras?

Hard work and guts!

What should i say,
... i was the very first to buy Pianoteq, they told me in a mail back when :-)

When looking back i think i have got so much for the first money spend on vers. 1
I have all add-on's and paid the full price for them but still...

I think it's very normal that way.
Think about the first person who bought a CD player !!

Dear all,

Apart the upgrades that have been free up to now, here are the gifts that MODARTT offered to their customers (see also our news page):

15/11/2006: Graf and Schantz pianoforte free add-ons available
03/09/2007: Three new historical instrument free add-ons:
                    - Sébastien Erard, half grand piano (2 m) serial number 109 933 (1922)
                    - Carl Bechstein, half grand piano (2.1 m) serial number 79 676 (1896)
                    - François Etienne Blanchet,
20/12/2007: New electro-acoustic grand piano free add-on CP-80
23/06/2008: Grimaldi harpsichord free add-on released
30/01/2009: Walter pianoforte free add-on released
10/04/2009: Easter bells, free add-on
15/12/2009: Cimbalom free add-on released
24/03/2010: K1 Grand Piano released, free upgrade
20/10/2010: Pianoteq grand pianos expanding range to 105 keys, free upgrade
06/12/2010: Pleyel free add-on released

Regarding the current summer offer, it holds both for new and old customers, as any customer who upgrades during July-August from Pianoteq Play to Pianoteq Standard or Pro, or from Pianoteq Standard to Pianoteq Pro, benefits from the same offer as if he was a new customer.

Thanks to each of you for your loyalty and your support.

Thank you Philippe. I am very grateful.

Regards,

Chris

sigasa wrote:

Thank you Philippe. I am very grateful.

Regards,

Chris

Likewise, Philippe, I am very grateful.  Besides the above free add-ons and upgrades through Pianoteq 3, I feel extremely humbled that you have listened to many people's comments and suggestions.  On top of that, you have acted upon those forum members'/ customers' comments and suggestions to evolve a software product that rivals and exceeds the best of the sampled piano industry!

Respectfully and with many thanks,

Joe

[EDIT: added the following postscript]
P.S.  The playability and response of Pianoteq is without equal, when comparing to even the best of the sample libraries of ALL brands!  No exceptions.

Last edited by jcfelice88keys (06-07-2011 14:25)

The only problem I have with the summer deal is that even if I bought the standard to pro upgrade I have no other add-ons I would want or need.  I have the YC5 add on that I bought with PTQ standard.

I'd much rather have the extra Euros off the pro upgrade itself. 

I'm happy with every Euro I spent on PTQ. Not only did I get a "bang for the buck" compared to other software (considering the list Phillipe wrote up there) - but more importantly, I'm supporting an evolving technology that I believe in, am excited about, as well as a product and company that I deeply respect.

Kudos to Modartt for their outstanding achievements and gracious and attentive customer support. I feel privileged to be a PTQ customer, and many times I feel like a PTQ evangelist among musician friends. Heck, many times I thought it would be cool to put a nice PTQ sticker on the back of my laptop screen so that everyone could see where that great sound is coming from :-)

Last edited by etalmor (08-07-2011 15:32)
M-Audio Profire 610 / Roland Fp-3 / Reaper / PianoTeq!
www.myspace.com/etalmor

Very good service. Modartt even take on board customer suggestions an implement them in interim upgrades.
Thanks Modartt

I for one am very happy

Last edited by sigasa (08-07-2011 18:37)

etalmor wrote:

Heck, many times I thought it would be cool to put a nice PTQ sticker on the back of my laptop screen so that everyone could see where that great sound is coming from :-)

Several times I've thought about how nice it would be to have a Pianoteq coffee mug, tee shirt, bumper sticker or whatever. I for one would be happy to advertise the Pianoteq instrument in this small way

Michael

Last edited by Michael H (11-07-2011 00:38)

auralsculpture wrote:

I'm sure this is not an uncommon issue, but I get a bit annoyed with companies who offer great special deals for new purchases but little to their loyal user base ..

I don't agree with your point of view. There are a lot of companies who offer such good deals. Where is the problem? To me this kind of thinking is a bit some "thing gone wrong in the so-called free market societies". It leads to reactions like in Kindergarden a bit. So just look at what advantages old time users have, apart from what is already mentioned.

1. you get the vsti early, and if you are a competitive guy (you certainly compare things like that in this post) - you have an advantage. New sounds, the others who only buy later - don't have it. They do songs later and try to publish them, but the sound is already known quite a bit. That's why, for example, many are so eager to buy  a new vsti the week it is released...

2. You got all the gifts the day they came out, new pianos....new possibilities in the software....you are lucky and a most experienced user of your software, while others only chime in late and are far behind you.

All in all these company decisions are wise, and an answer to the fact that many hobbyist users cannot afford to buy all the software for the "100% price" since our countries are more and more divided (some very rich, many live still luxurious, but more and more get poor and poorer)

Just an idea - maybe you could agree to some of these views?

Didn't want to create just another useless topic on the subject

Does Pianoteq ever go on sales with really huge discounts (>=50%)? Yes I know about discounts for music students, unfortunately I'm not the one.
I also know about Pianoteq Stage, but it seems to me more like a version one would buy to accompany his Standard or Pro version, like if he would need to install it on a lots of devices, in studio, at home, at his child's laptop etc, without violating license agreement; it's just too limited and doesn't feel like a thing worth buying for 100+$. I would really like to become owner of a Standard version, but for a current price of the Stage version. So I'm ready to wait for some sales opportunity if I must. Is it a possibility?

No, I don't think it ever went for more than 50% off. Modartt values their product.

By the way - a single license allows installation on three computers simultaneously, so no, Stage is not that kind of version. You can consider the three Pianoteq versions as 3-part payment, too, since upgrade pricing is exactly the price difference between them. So if it helps you break up your expenses, that's the way to go.

Also, do you REALLY REALLY REALLY need the Pro version? For majority of people Standard is perfectly enough.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Also, do you REALLY REALLY REALLY need the Pro version? For majority of people Standard is perfectly enough.

I would like to have Standard (that's what I said in my post), Pro has excessive amount of feature for for me. Still, living in a region where 250 euros is a mean month income, adds some psychological barriers to your spendings It's not as I couldn't afford it, but you just can't make yourself pay that much, unless you are totally sure it's absolutely must have/vital. I'm not a professional pianist, not even just a good pianist (on my first year of self-training), I can't use it to earn money so I could "make up" for this purchase, in my case it's just for recreational purposes. And despite Pianoteq is really good piece of software, I still can use the internal sound processor of my gear, or (shame upon me) some pirated VST you can find out there. I can't yet convince myself I need to pay 250 euros for it. Buying a Stage version gives even less incentive. You still pay a lot and receive too limited version.
Anyway, it's a pity there are no sales. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by AlexS (28-05-2016 11:36)

You could try waiting your chance on KvR Marketplace, somebody might be selling their Pianoteq Standard license...

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

Alternatively, try putting 25€ every month aside if possible, and in 10 months you can definitely own Standard.

Last edited by EvilDragon (28-05-2016 12:48)
Hard work and guts!

Alternatively, try putting 25€ every month aside if possible, and in 10 months you can definitely own Standard

I could do it much sooner, but anyone living there thinks a bit different than most people in 1st world countries, I guess Like, "What if lose my job next year, then I will regret that  I spent that much on some useless recreational toy, I could live 2 months on 250 euros, and there won't be any social aid from my state, I can count only on myself", or "You should better spend these moneys on getting some qualifications or healing your teeth, or buying something your really need at your house". You must set priorities, and recreation is usually at the bottom of the list, especially when you still have some cheaper (though worse) alternatives. You can't understand that unless you've been living most of your life like that If I was a professional pianist and I needed that tool for making money from my play, I would bought it, as I would know I'll earn more money with it. Otherwise, it goes to the end of the list, until one day many years later I will perhaps somehow make my situation better.

Last edited by AlexS (28-05-2016 13:10)

Hey, I live in Croatia where people don't have very big salaries either, minimum wage is like that, about 250-300€ or so, I know how that feels. It's still not impossible to save up.

And if a dire situation ever comes, you can sell your license too, at a bit of a loss, true, but you could recoup at least some funds in that case... It's not all black.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Hey, I live in Croatia where people don't have very big salaries either, minimum wage is like that, about 250-300€ or so, I know how that feels. It's still not impossible to save up.

I acknowledge that it may vary from person to person, and also you may just love piano much more than I do. Still, it's very widespread mentality out there. I actually was criticized by some friends a lot because I sometimes buy games on Steam (on big sales and when I really want to support some outstanding, unique one), even though that happens around once per year and I barely ever have spent more the 10$ for a game Idea, paying ~300$ for just another "game" just blows my mind right away, my common sense twitches in agony and demands me to regain my reasons asap as there are obviously much more urgent needs I need first to attend, and there are a lot of them.

EvilDragon wrote:

And if a dire situation ever comes, you can sell your license too

Don't think I ever will find anyone around here who will pay more than 30-50$ for a piece of software. ~90% of all software in our country, even at private companies and goverment institutions is pirated. Selling it on the internet to a guy from some other country may be rather difficult, we also have very rigorous regulations of all incoming payments in foreign currencies.

Last edited by AlexS (28-05-2016 13:54)

What I want to say, it's not like a real threat of dying of hunger tomorrow after buying Pianoteq today that stops me (though you never can dismiss that possibility completely ), but sort of psychological barrier you build over the years, living in the atmosphere of total uncertainty and stead decline tendency in your state. You learn to evaluate every your decision and gauge consequences. Especially when we talk about things that are not vital for life. I understand that for many out there Pianoteq is a serious tool, but for me it's just an outstanding toy. As I still have access to other similar "toys", though worse in many ways, but, well, pretty decent regardless, I just can't make myself pay that much for it.

Last edited by AlexS (28-05-2016 14:03)

I think Modartt made a mistake with its pricing policy.

The really good business plan is this one :

- Price of Stage, Standard, Studio bundle no change
- Price of Pro version 300€
- Price of addon only 30€ (with this price you buy more add-on, with 49€ perhaps never)
- All addons in stand alone version for 75€

I'm sure it's the best way for expand sales for Modartt and the best price for customers.

Lylo wrote:

I think Modartt made a mistake with its pricing policy.

The really good business plan is this one :

- Price of Stage, Standard, Studio bundle no change
- Price of Pro version 300€
- Price of addon only 30€ (with this price you buy more add-on, with 49€ perhaps never)
- All addons in stand alone version for 75€

I'm sure it's the best way for expand sales for Modartt and the best price for customers.

I don't think so. As a Stage owner who added some 'addons' then went to standard and added some more 'addons' My only gripe would be that the initial purchase doesn't/didn't [I haven't checked] let you pick one 'piano' and one "something else" eg celeste.
I have my eyes on the new harpsichord and to a lesser extent the 'B' piano and/or harp and I suspect I will eventually go to the 'pro' version but in some ways that will be more to support for what pianoteq is doing rather than a 'real' need - my playing is less than average I suspect.

This is a very old thread. Regarding pricing and discounts you should talk to Modartt directly. They are real people, they are reasonable, smart and helpful. Seriously do it! You'll be surprised.

3/2 = 5

Don't want to create a new thread just for that:
I'm considering buying Stage version. I have trial of Stage installed and I see that list of instruments actually includes everything Pianoteq offers as addon instruments, though in limited (silent keys) edition. My question is whether or not my now licensed Stage version will also be containing all these limited editions of these instruments? Yes, I understand that after buying I'll get a pack of 2 instruments of my choice, but will demo editions of other instruments still be accessible in my licensed Stage version?

Why I need to know:  they are still playable, even with dead keys, so I would like to benefit a bit from buying a License by having ability to play them without need to restart trial each 20 minutes. Or will I still need to keep trial installed for these days when I would like to play these other limited instruments?

Stage version includes all instruments with the ones you don't own in demo mode.

AlexS wrote:

Why I need to know:  they are still playable, even with dead keys, so I would like to benefit a bit from buying a License by having ability to play them without need to restart trial each 20 minutes. Or will I still need to keep trial installed for these days when I would like to play these other limited instruments?

Demo versions of all instruments will be available, but the 20 minute timeout will still apply to any instruments you did not purchase and are not free. As well as the two bundled instruments, you also get a lot of free instruments (fully functional with no time out) once you purchase any version of Pianoteq. These include the KIViR, Bells and Carillons, and Legacy instruments. Some of these you only get full access to in the "User Area" once you've purchased and registered Pianoteq (any version), most notably the Legacy instruments, which are flagship instruments from earlier versions of Pianoteq.

3/2 = 5