https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RCjKoAzz8PA

stay tuned

Re: new piano soon?...

"New" piano.

K3?

Fazioli by the sound of things...

Ooh, never known Modartt to do a teaser before, very exciting!!!

hougtimo wrote:

Thought the same. Fazioli also announced something new for June 21st. Is it related or just a coincidence?
Whatever it is I liked a lot the resonances of the harp I heard in the few seconds clip. Something different of what we have already. Modaart really continues to push forward.

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Chopin87 wrote:
hougtimo wrote:

Thought the same. Fazioli also announced something new for June 21st. Is it related or just a coincidence?
Whatever it is I liked a lot the resonances of the harp I heard in the few seconds clip. Something different of what we have already. Modartt really continues to push forward.

Fazioli also offering a silent piano maybe?!!

For those not in the know:
https://www.steingraeber.de/en/steingra...nt-pianos/

From the silhouette on the video, it doesn't look like a very long piano.  Fazioli 212 or 228 may be ?...

A Stephen Paulello (sorry)...

Last edited by Borealis (07-06-2024 15:34)
Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

YvesTh wrote:

From the silhouette on the video, it doesn't look like a very long piano.  Fazioli 212 or 228 may be ?...

But is that a bum steer?

Also is the sound actually even from the new piano?

Can’t tell which brand. That high singing tone almost like Petrof Mistral mixed with a hint of Steinway D for Bass. Definitely not Yamaha C7. I probably 100 percent wrong. Just guessing.

YouTube page: Dulistan Heman

It's only a 12 seconds audio so it is difficult to make a guess. But once it is out I'll make sure to listen to all the demos before purchasing so I can later say I made an informed decision.

Well... a too short clip to fair judge, but I could say I felt the deep bass sonded more powerfull and natural than ever.
  The metal sounds feels good and not tin, richer in texture.
  The highest velocities also appears to get a more organic feeling.

What passion don't do?

I also saw a teaser short on YouTube from Fazioli for a reveal on the 21st of June, but I can't find it again! Maybe they withdrew it? Maybe the two are related? Maybe not?

Warmest regards,

Chris

sigasa wrote:

I also saw a teaser short on YouTube from Fazioli for a reveal on the 21st of June, but I can't find it again! Maybe they withdrew it? Maybe the two are related? Maybe not?

Warmest regards,

Chris

Doesn't hint at anything but I guess silent practice systems are only likely to become more popular.

https://youtu.be/CbGA4va5ibs?feature=shared

Key Fumbler wrote:
sigasa wrote:

Warmest regards,

Chris

Doesn't hint at anything but I guess silent practice systems are only likely to become more popular.

Thank you Key Fumbler

https://youtu.be/mrB8IthgoRQ?si=AC8HOi9yHnvBC4ff

sigasa wrote:
Key Fumbler wrote:
sigasa wrote:

Warmest regards,

Chris

Thank you Key Fumbler

On Instagram, Fazioli officially responded that the announcement would not be related to the upcoming Fazioli concert series which they said will be announced in September.  On the same post, they also responded in a rather sus manner to a comment about finally having an upright series from Fazioli.

https://www.instagram.com/faziolipianos...1HMXKguKT/

If Modarrt's and Fazioli's announcements are related, it definitely isn't just to do with a new instrument pack, as I don't remember Fazioli making any such fuss or anticipation over the Vienna Symphonic Library release this past year.  So the theory of silent practice pianos is either the answer or we're all wishing really hard!

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

a new piano sounds great indeed, no matter what it is.  always ready for a new one

budo wrote:

a new piano sounds great indeed, no matter what it is.  always ready for a new one

Amen!

And thank you in advance Modartt!!!

Warmest regards,

Chris

Assuming the images in the teaser represent the new piano :
- it can’t be a Fazioli because the top of the music stand in the silhouette is curved . All Fazioli acoustic grands music stands  have straight tops .

Imho , it looks  similar to a Bösendorfer 280 VC and the brillance of the sound is similar.

Just to get carried away with the newness..

Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, Op. 95: From the New World”

Why does the drumroll seem to take forever waiting for the crash cymbal to come in?

Maybe just me.

YouTube page: Dulistan Heman

dulistan heman wrote:

Why does the drumroll seem to take forever waiting for the crash cymbal to come in?

Maybe just me.

It is probably a jazz drummer, so no crash unless the insane impro before is finished.

There's a new piano in the online manual?

Last edited by Edchamberlain (10-06-2024 17:27)

Edchamberlain wrote:

Good spot . It is the 280 VC indeed .

Yes a Bösendorfer... Great! I've got to make some space in my living room for it !

Edchamberlain wrote:

Nicely spotted Ed!

YvesTh wrote:

Yes a Bösendorfer... Great! I've got to make some space in my living room for it !

Best to invite Marcel Marceau over to help you put it in place. It is a French version after all!

Last edited by Key Fumbler (10-06-2024 17:59)

i can live with that

With 280vc on its way perhaps that gives hope for a 290 model in a combo pack (like the two Ds and the top Petrofs) when Ptq 9 arrives later in the year?

I've been dying for anything Bosendorfer, so super happy for the new piano. Let's hope this is a long collaboration.
Edit: congratulations to Modaart as well, it is not easy to get approved from a major piano manufacturer if you don't bring forward something of undeniable quality!

Last edited by Chopin87 (10-06-2024 19:38)

Why are you guys so sure it's a Bosendorfer?

Beto-Music wrote:

This:
https://www.modartt.com/user_manual?pro...mp;lang=en

Scroll down to 3.1.3.

Chopin87 wrote:
Beto-Music wrote:

This:

Scroll down to 3.1.3.

I just used the function "find in page" then typed 280.

Authorized by Bosendorfer.

"Bösendorfer Concert Grand 280VC
Bosendorfer 280VC
Authorized by Bösendorfer, the Concert Grand 280VC physical model faithfully captures the rich resonance and dynamic spectrum of the instrument, making it a true joy to play and bringing many hours of listening pleasure. It’s easy to understand why: breathtaking dynamics, astounding colours, exhilarating brilliance, a sound as clear as diamonds, yet playfully gleaming like beaming sparkles of light. Franz Liszt, Arthur Rubinstein, Victor Borge, Leonard Bernstein, Oscar Peterson, Vangelis, Tori Amos, Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Daniil  Trifonov, and many more, have been using Bösendorfer pianos in their careers, leading to many prominent recordings."

Last edited by Beto-Music (10-06-2024 21:40)

They are in the process of changing the website pages so I imagine it will be available very soon.

https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq_pro#studio_bundle

If so, mp3 update to include 280VC will be ready next days.

Is Bosendorfer 280VC very close to 290 in sound, as the size suggest, or the extra bass strings of 290 make quite a difference?
I wonder if Modartt could add an option to 280VC get extra keys, as they did to Steinway-D

Key Fumbler wrote:

They are in the process of changing the website pages so I imagine it will be available very soon.

Last edited by Beto-Music (11-06-2024 00:07)

Borealis wrote:

A Stephen Paulello (sorry)...

oh I listened to some youtubes and now I'm thinking it may be a new mimick goal for me. Nice name drop!

Soundblaster ZXR, ASIO4ALL. 96khz, ~2ms buffer. Little to no pop/crackle on Realtime priority.
I have posted several times about tweaking Pianoteq

Beto-Music wrote:

Is Bosendorfer 280VC very close to 290 in sound, as the size suggest, or the extra bass strings of 290 make quite a difference?
I wonder if Modartt could add an option to 280VC get extra keys, as they did to Steinway-D

Key Fumbler wrote:

From what I hear the 280vc Is brighter, clearer, a bit more clinical, more modern sounding.
The 290 is more characterful, with more resonances.
The inevitable comparisons can be made by comparing the drive eating VSL Synchron sample leviathans, or recordings of the real thing on YT.

Key Fumbler wrote:

This has been reverted so someone editing the website jumped the gun.

Key Fumbler wrote:
Beto-Music wrote:

Key Fumbler wrote:

From what I hear the 280vc Is brighter, clearer, a bit more clinical, more modern sounding.
The inevitable comparisons can be made by comparing the drive eating VSL Synchron sample leviathans, or recordings of the real thing on YT.

Agreed, more modern sounding is the more accurate description. The Imperial is on a class of its own compared to any modern piano because it has mantained certain features from its conception, the rim has a particolar construction, the iron frame despite accomodating 249 strings has been designed not to cover as much space as possible over the soundboard, single stringing and the use of capo d'astros in the upper register. Some of this feature were also adopted in the 280VC but the sound is definitely different, more even if you want, while in the Imperial the difference between the registers is more clear. However this was also some sort of downside in a way because not everybody liked the particular sound of the Imperial (it was either love at first hearing or dislike), while the new model has pretty much captured unanimously the likings of every pianists leaving only a few ones, myself included, a little bit skeptical because more used to the older and more peculiar sound. I am fine as long as both models will continue production but it would be a loss if the 280VC were to substitute the 290 in the long run though it would make more sense production wise and from an economical point of view.

Key Fumbler wrote:
Chopin87 wrote:
Beto-Music wrote:

This:

Scroll down to 3.1.3.

I just used the function "find in page" then typed 280.

The manual has been reverted too.

280vc perhaps needs more fine tweaking before release? 

Well anyway, I'm poised ready to pounce on the Buy button as soon as it's available!

Chopin87 wrote:
Key Fumbler wrote:
Beto-Music wrote:

Agreed, more modern sounding is the more accurate description. The Imperial is on a class of its own compared to any modern piano because it has mantained certain features from its conception, the rim has a particolar construction, the iron frame despite accomodating 249 strings has been designed not to cover as much space as possible over the soundboard, single stringing and the use of capo d'astros in the upper register. Some of this feature were also adopted in the 280VC but the sound is definitely different, more even if you want, while in the Imperial the difference between the registers is more clear. However this was also some sort of downside in a way because not everybody liked the particular sound of the Imperial (it was either love at first hearing or dislike), while the new model has pretty much captured unanimously the likings of every pianists leaving only a few ones, myself included, a little bit skeptical because more used to the older and more peculiar sound. I am fine as long as both models will continue production but it would be a loss if the 280VC were to substitute the 290 in the long run though it would make more sense production wise and from an economical point of view.

That said Andras Schiff still feeling the magic with the different register sounds in the modern beast, I guess it's more a question of degree. It's a balancing act to fit modern audience expectations, while still retaining enough distinct character; not to mention any economical considerations in the manufacturing process:
https://youtu.be/LvekkZnE8BU?feature=shared

Last edited by Key Fumbler (11-06-2024 13:09)

Key Fumbler wrote:
Chopin87 wrote:
Key Fumbler wrote:

That said Andras Schiff still feeling the magic with the different register sounds in the modern beast, I guess it's more a question of degree. It's a balancing act to fit modern audience expectations, while still retaining enough distinct character; not to mention any economical considerations in the manufacturing process:
https://youtu.be/LvekkZnE8BU?feature=shared

There is indeed a lot of the Bosendorfer sound in the 280VC, no question about it.The craftmanship and the materials used are pretty much the same, it is not an alien in their range.

I hope they work on the realism of the Rhodes models soon too. Maybe they can model more of the Rhodes models and later.

I love them to bits especially with outside FX but the Scarbee EP-88s is the current king of the Rhodes sound for me and that's ouch sampling!.
Rhodes 1 & 2 need more work - great as they are (and the pack remains a recommendation). 
Rare for sampled instruments to actually feel more alive to me. Happy to use both here.

I'm glad I've got the Pianoteq electrics pack though - variety being the spice of..
Still one of my favourites and better than most of the sampled electric packs I've tried and heard.

Last edited by Key Fumbler (11-06-2024 17:31)

I wonder how much far in time we can go to consider a modern piano sound today. Is a average piano sound of 40 or 45 years ago considered modern?

I can't talk for Modartt, but I presume they are not happy with the Nerd Detectives had spoiled their teaser surprise.

Beto-Music wrote:

I wonder how much far in time we can go to consider a modern piano sound today. Is a average piano sound of 40 or 45 years ago considered modern?

I can't talk for Modartt, but I presume they are not happy with the Nerd Detectives had spoiled their teaser surprise.

I did message them to say I'd noticed it in the manual and asked if it was a mistake, but received no reply

Beto-Music wrote:

Yeah, not sure here, it could be deliberate (accidentaliberate!) but then again who knows?
It does make you wonder why they don't work on those pages 100% offline if this isn't supposed to happen.

I chose not to comment anywhere else like on the YT page itself but yeah, not sure if it's just honest mistakes with the website again or intentional.

Who knows, maybe that's just the tip of the iceberg?

It's very welcome and doesn't spoil it for me.

If you wanted that sound you could possibly spend several hundred on the VSL equivalent in their sale and maybe need to buy a new NVME drive to house it.  It's going to be dramatically cheaper than going that route so what's spoiled?

On the other question - The 1920s pianos can sound pretty good and only a little different. So yeah with good examples of 1970-90s pianos any differences are pretty subtle when comparing good examples to the latest and greatest.

Beyond cosmetics in modern acoustic piano sound terms can be measured in elephant years perhaps!

What do I know though. I'm just a peasant with a computer and a plastic keyboard.

Last edited by Key Fumbler (11-06-2024 19:03)

New reel on Modaart instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8FDd0MiUXe/

The work of piano technicians changed a little, even though the design and construction was the same, from the early 80's to goday. Tuning, needling, regulation...

This old fashion sound good, but a bit heavier than today. It have a special charm of its own :

https://youtu.be/IjeCMz1LCR4?si=6uokXIUQF1L3DiFT

Why not a preset to emulate that in some grand models?

Key Fumbler wrote:

On the other question - The 1920s pianos can sound pretty good and only a little different. So yeah with good examples of 1970-90s pianos any differences are pretty subtle when comparing good examples to the latest and greatest.

Beyond cosmetics in modern acoustic piano sound terms can be measured in elephant years perhaps!

What do I know though. I'm just a peasant with a computer and a plastic keyboard.

Last edited by Beto-Music (12-06-2024 00:07)