Topic: Fifty-fifty ”partners” Organteq 2+full brass = Whole orchestra sound

I first want to say that the end of the piece 1.17 - 1.23, reminds me of David Bowie's Life on Mars ( the Official Video)  from 0.59 - 1.06 (Bowie’s 4th studio album 'Hunky Dory' released in 1971, which featured the singles 'Changes/Andy Warhol' & 'Life On Mars).
Absolutely incredible, and another thing that I haven't heard about, namely, if you turn up the volume a lot, really really much,  at the end, of Bowie's song, you hear a phone ringing in the studio, 4,04 - 4,05, it was hardly meant to be like that !!!   

Miniature 12

Organteq 2, Preset: Experimental Tweaked, combination 10 and full brass (trumpet, saxophone, Trombone from DAW).   Fifty-fifty ”partners” 

What an orchestral sound!
Here Organteq 2 and a large group of musicians  playing many different instruments together 
And I think the orchestral playing is both  tight and elegant.
saxophones,  trumpets,  trombones + Organteq 2

Phew,! That was hard work, but I did it.

https://youtu.be/GvSYOOryTlo

Description for interested:

From "Twelve Miniatures”   No 12
”Henry Marcellus Higgs (1854-1929) H. M. Higgs worked with several music publishers and published a fairly large output of organ music. I have no indication of any places at which he served as organist, but he clearly knew how to write for the instrument.

"Twelve Miniatures" dates from 1913 and was published by Novello & Co. Ltd. The set was part of the publisher's "Original Compositions for the Organ (New Series)," where it appears as No. 27. It is dedicated: "To A. Healey Foster, Esq." Each piece is different in style and format, and some could be called "studies" as they deal with a particular technical aspect of organ playing. This is the last one, No 12.
The twelfth piece, "Finale" is in the key of D major, written in 4/4 time, and marked to be played "Allegro marziale."

This is the perfect English march, and shines out as being representative of the period. It is quite brief, so it would be ideal as a fanfare, postlude, or any liturgical usage. Like a number of these works, the piece is "bigger" than time of duration that it takes to play”.

Although the composer makes no indications for use of brass    I made my version with brass, fifty-fifty partners,  and I am pleased with the outcome. I hope you can enjoy it too.

All the best, everyone

Stig

Here are my recordings of all 12 Miniatures in a long row, for those interested and those who missed them. I never got any reply on that long row although I myself think they are good music.   It was really hard work but I loved to do it.

https://forum.modartt.com/viewtopic.php?id=10074

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (17-04-2024 16:53)

Re: Fifty-fifty ”partners” Organteq 2+full brass = Whole orchestra sound

wow, majestic indeed!  i think it works great with the full orchestra sound.  i can tell that you put a lot of heart into this!

Re: Fifty-fifty ”partners” Organteq 2+full brass = Whole orchestra sound

budo wrote:

wow, majestic indeed!  i think it works great with the full orchestra sound.  i can tell that you put a lot of heart into this!

Thank you budo for your wonderful comment, appreciate it much.  Yes, I did put all my energy and sincere effort into this piece.

Best wishes,

Stig