Topic: Kawai CA 701 with pianoteq

I'm using Pianoteq on my Ipad and would like to get the sound through the speakers of the Kawai CA 701. I know most people will prefer separate monitors, but I just would like to use the original speakers. Because the CA 701 doesn't have usb audio I will have to use an additional audio cable for audio in. My question is how can I switch off the piano sound of the Kawai and only use the sound from Pianoteq. I used to have a Roland FP30X and I could switch of the Roland sound generator. But how to do this with the Kawai?

I have just found the answer: switch off local control in the midi settings. I will leave this question for other users with the same question.

Last edited by Fetivi (17-04-2024 06:49)

Re: Kawai CA 701 with pianoteq

kawai ca 701 has a usb to host connection.
please check: https://www.kawai-global.com/product/ca701/

Fetivi wrote:

I'm using Pianoteq on my Ipad and would like to get the sound through the speakers of the Kawai CA 701. I know most people will prefer separate monitors, but I just would like to use the original speakers. Because the CA 701 doesn't have usb audio I will have to use an additional audio cable for audio in. My question is how can I switch off the piano sound of the Kawai and only use the sound from Pianoteq. I used to have a Roland FP30X and I could switch of the Roland sound generator. But how to do this with the Kawai?

I have just found the answer: switch of local control in the midi settings. I will leave this question for other users with the same question.

from the ca701 user manual:
"This port is used to connect the instrument to a
computer using a USB “B to A” type cable in order
to send and receive MIDI data."

In other words it facilitates the transmission of midi data, but not audio.

Hi Fetivi,

"Local Control setting (MIDI Menu) allows the keyboard action to be "disconnected" from the internal sound engine, effectively muting the sound."

that allows me to hear Pianoteq only when I have the sound coming in from Line In.

here's the thread with my question that was answered by Kawai James:

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads...ost3452351

best rgds,

Jack