Topic: Scriabin - Deux Poèmes, Op.32 No.1

Scriabin's "Deux Poèmes, Op. 32" was composed in 1903 for piano. This work consists of two parts, with the first, "Op. 32 No. 1," being particularly expressive and passionate. This piece showcases Scriabin's characteristic ambiguity of tonality and complex harmonies, marking a transitional period in his music from the later Romantic style to a more mystical and innovative approach.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/...mes-op32-1

Pianoteq 8
NY Steinway D Classical

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Last edited by halpyoco (13-04-2024 13:48)

Re: Scriabin - Deux Poèmes, Op.32 No.1

halpyoco wrote:

Scriabin's "Deux Poèmes, Op. 32" was composed in 1903 for piano. This work consists of two parts, with the first, "Op. 32 No. 1," being particularly expressive and passionate. This piece showcases Scriabin's characteristic ambiguity of tonality and complex harmonies, marking a transitional period in his music from the later Romantic style to a more mystical and innovative approach.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/...mes-op32-1

Pianoteq 8
NY Steinway Classic

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Innovative , mystical , yes.
In this music he is capable of expressing  emotions, feelings, moods, attitudes and traits of personality.
In some sections my thougts goes to Debussy. His dream-like music shares some similarity.

It's easy to listen to Scriabin's music here , he is, as you say, particularly expressive, his emotions are clear.

Listen to the section from about 1,06 - 1,40. It is like coming right to another planet, into another world - beautiful. What a composer!.

I didn’t know about this piece. Thanks Hal for sharing. And nice Steinway sound.

Best wishes,

Stig

beautiful performance.  i love Scriabin, just wish it was so freaking hard to play ...

Thank you always! Stig, budo

Debussy and Scriabin were active around the same time, yet their styles of expression are fascinatingly contrasting.

Debussy broke away from the traditional frameworks of musical grammar, allowing his sounds to capture the external world's light with greater delicacy.

On the other hand, the light emanating from Scriabin's music comes from within him, and his expressions are more existential and sometimes mystical.

Both, in a way, reflect the full spectrum of the external and internal worlds like a set of mirrors, which is why I find these two composers so intriguing.

Best regards,
HAL