Topic: AI music, simply mind-blowing new "Chopin" waltz.

Stig, I know this is an off topic post, but I just discovered this Music A.I. and created a "Chopin" like Waltz out of a simple prompt.
I can't refrain myself for sharing this with this forum of music and piano lovers.
Delete it if you find it inappropriate.

Anyway I created this "Chopin" waltz using Udio AI with a simple prompt like: "a piano waltz in the style of Chopin".
The AI in few minutes composed and created the audio file of this video. Listen to the composition, the piano sound, even the reverberation.
I didn't edit the audio file. Just created the video wrap around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3nrx0IOZQs

Re: AI music, simply mind-blowing new "Chopin" waltz.

pflying wrote:

Stig, I know this is an off topic post, but I just discovered this Music A.I. and created a "Chopin" like Waltz out of a simple prompt.
I can't refrain myself for sharing this with this forum of music and piano lovers.

Anyway I created this "Chopin" waltz using Udio AI with a simple prompt like: "a piano waltz in the style of Chopin".
The AI in few minutes composed and created the audio file of this video. Listen to the composition, the piano sound, even the reverberation.

Well, as an experimenter I have to say a surprisingly capable AI music generator.
I was reading about this AI and found out that there are lyrics and vocals too.  Udio will even sing the lyrics, in voices that sound very realistic.
It's pretty sensational how the algorithm can take a few words lyrics and put them into something that sounds rather nice.

The pianosound is good and whateveer one choose, we have to remember they are all samples, probably an endless amount of them.

This feels great at first, but maybe you get tired quite quickly when you're picking up other people's sampled sounds all the time. I have nothing against such music machines, but when I was younger I used ready-made music loops making music and stopped after a while. I want to play and ”produce” the music myself.

But it's always good to have options, people can choose to use what they feel is good for them and what they like.

Anyway, thank you very much Paolo for sharing this, didn’t know about it. But I contimue with Pianoteq/Organteq 

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (12-04-2024 09:27)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
pflying wrote:

Well, as an experimenter I have to say a surprisingly capable AI music generator.
I was reading about this AI and found out that there are lyrics and vocals too.  Udio will even sing the lyrics, in voices that sound very realistic.
It's pretty sensational how the algorithm can take a few words lyrics and put them into something that sounds rather nice.

The pianosound is good and whateveer one choose, we have to remember they are all samples, probably an endless amount of them.

This feels great at first, but maybe you get tired quite quickly when you're picking up other people's sampled sounds all the time. I have nothing against such music machines, but when I was younger I used ready-made music loops making music and stopped after a while. I want to play and ”produce” the music myself.

But it's always good to have options, people can choose to use what they feel is good for them and what they like.

Anyway, thank you very much Paolo for sharing this, didn’t know about it. But I contimue with Pianoteq/Organteq 

Best wishes,

Stig

Stig,
I'm continuing with pianoteq too. That's for sure. But this AI is amazing.

When it comes to slaughter Chopin, rather let's go frankly !
I'll make do with my little non-artificial intelligence ...
https://hearthis.at/xnwdv7yv/saccage-minute/