Topic: Can I run pianoteq without waking the screen of my PC constantly?

Hi, all. Is it at all possible to prevent pianoteq from constantly waking my screen? I suppose one workaround is to run it in a Daw that isn't so sensitive to midi events. Does anyone have a simpler fix?

Re: Can I run pianoteq without waking the screen of my PC constantly?

First, welcome to the forum!

It would help to know which operating system are you on?

I tested this on my Mac running Sonoma and midi input does not wake the display or deactivate the screensaver.

Last edited by wonner (11-04-2024 15:44)

wonner wrote:

First, welcome to the forum!

It would help to know which operating system are you on?

I tested this on my Mac running Sonoma and midi input does not wake the display or deactivate the screensaver.

Thanks so much wonner. I am on windows 11 and it keeps my PC screen turning on while playing. Something about the midi is triggering the display.

By default in standalone mode, Pianoteq prevents Windows turning off the screen when your system goes into sleep.
And Modartt provide a command-line parameter so that it can let the screen be turned off.

It is --do-not-block-screensaver, you can simply add this words to the shortcut properties on desktop.

1. Probably you have Pianoteq icon on the desktop, right-click on it, then click Properties.
2. Shortcut tab will be opened, and you will see Target box where the address of Pianoteq 8.exe is written.
3. Add --do-not-block-screensaver at the end of the address. A blank space should be between address and the parameter.

Last edited by Snowpine (12-04-2024 04:12)

Snowpine wrote:

By default in standalone mode, Pianoteq prevents Windows turning off the screen when your system goes into sleep.
And Modartt provide a command-line parameter so that it can let the screen be turned off.

It is --do-not-block-screensaver, you can simply add this words to the shortcut properties on desktop.

1. Probably you have Pianoteq icon on the desktop, right-click on it, then click Properties.
2. Shortcut tab will be opened, and you will see Target box where the address of Pianoteq 8.exe is written.
3. Add --do-not-block-screensaver at the end of the address. A blank space should be between address and the parameter.

Thank you Snowpine. You're the best

I'm glad it worked:)

Last edited by Snowpine (12-04-2024 06:28)