Topic: I am scared to update to v8.2

Hi,
I spent the past several months composing, recording, and making minor adjustments to 29 piano songs using Pianoteq v8 Standard. I used several of the piano instrument packages but personalized them with numerous small edits to arrive at the tonality I considered "finished."

I am excited to think that Pianoteq is constantly improving, but I am unnerved at the prospect of inadvertently altering my carefully tailored piano voicings if I update my version 8 software with version 8.2

Is there a method of updating that will preserve the older voicings or do you have to accept that updating will likely alter anything you have previously prepared?

Thank you!

Last edited by agent88 (30-03-2024 23:09)

Re: I am scared to update to v8.2

you have to accept that updating will likely alter anything you have previously prepared

Hi,
Thank you for explaining.

I had hoped that there might be a way to install v8.2 alongside v8 and have both .VST3s available.

Thank you.

agent88 wrote:

Hi,

I had hoped that there might be a way to install v8.2 alongside v8 and have both .VST3s available.

Thank you.

There is no problem tout install many versions of pianoteq on the same pc. I did it...

YvesTh wrote:
agent88 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you.

There is no problem tout install many versions of pianoteq on the same pc. I did it...

Hi,
Can you please clarify?

If I install v8.2 without uninstalling v8 will my DAW see two different VSTi packages?

Do the VSTs have different IDs that let them coexist on the same system?

FWIW, while I appreciate that many people just use PianoTeq as a standalone player, I am using it exclusively as a virtual instrument within a DAW, so that is the context I am primarily concerned about.

Thank you.

I installed pianoteq7 and pianoteq8 on the same pc and it works, the two versions appears in my daw.
I though it was possible witch two versions of V8 by renaming files during installation (813 and 820 for exemple). I just tried it but I have problems. I have the two versions of standalone but not vst3 in my daw. I will try again...

I tried again.
I can obtain two different vst3, I rename the one created by V813 "Pianoteq 813" and the one created by V820 "Pianoteq 820" There are in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
With Studio One I cant see the two versions in the same session. I have to delete one and rescan plugins. It's in not very good.
With Reaper it seems to work. In plugins Re-Scan, Choose "Allow multiple plugins with the same VST3 UID". Two identical Pianoteq 8 appears in list but one is 813 and the other is 820.

YvesTh wrote:

I tried again.
I can obtain two different vst3, I rename the one created by V813 "Pianoteq 813" and the one created by V820 "Pianoteq 820" There are in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
With Studio One I cant see the two versions in the same session. I have to delete one and rescan plugins. It's in not very good.
With Reaper it seems to work. In plugins Re-Scan, Choose "Allow multiple plugins with the same VST3 UID". Two identical Pianoteq 8 appears in list but one is 813 and the other is 820.

Wow thank you for investigating this.

As it happens REAPER is my primary DAW, so it looks like I can make this work.

Thank you!