Topic: Classical music cover - G.Fauré - Pavane

The first time I encountered this piece was when I was invited to a concert by a mandolin orchestra! that my friend was a part of during my university days. The melody and harmony, rich in nuances and beautifully elegant, made a very impressive impact, and I quickly grew to like it.

My arrangement isn't bad, but it doesn't recreate the original song's graceful atmosphere. Listening to the original track would be a good decision.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/pavane-by-gfaure

Pianoteq 6
Steingraeber E-272

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Re: Classical music cover - G.Fauré - Pavane

halpyoco wrote:

The first time I encountered this piece was when I was invited to a concert by a mandolin orchestra! that my friend was a part of during my university days. The melody and harmony, rich in nuances and beautifully elegant, made a very impressive impact, and I quickly grew to like it.

My arrangement isn't bad, but it doesn't recreate the original song's graceful atmosphere. Listening to the original track would be a good decision.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/pavane-by-gfaure

Pianoteq 6
Steingraeber E-272

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

The more I listen to this piece, your version, the more I like it. I listened to the piece, several versions, on youtube and I think your version is very nice. Harmony, chordprogression….and I like much the section about 1,37 - 2,03….the fast ”flow” is beautiful,  which is is followed by a nice slow ending.

Well, this is what I think about it.
Well done again! Thank you HAL! Nice to have you ”on board”.

btw, do you use Stage. If so, you have more possibilities to change and mix sound with Standard.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (29-03-2024 14:44)

Re: Classical music cover - G.Fauré - Pavane

Thank you, Stig!

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

btw, do you use Stage. If so, you have more possibilities to change and mix sound with Standard.

I have the Standard Edition, but I'm not quite mastering its features yet. If my lazy spirit sees improvement, I might give adjusting it a shot. No promises, though.

Best regards,
HAL