Topic: Becoming (Pianoteq)

i don't post so many original works since mostly they are crazy free improvisations that are not for everyone, to say the least.  but this is one that might be more appealing.  i was thinking a lot of the solo work of the great player Paul Bley, someone whose playing is a big influence on me.

https://youtu.be/NZHKG8lhBzA

Re: Becoming (Pianoteq)

budo wrote:

i don't post so many original works since mostly they are crazy free improvisations that are not for everyone, to say the least.  but this is one that might be more appealing.  i was thinking a lot of the solo work of the great player Paul Bley, someone whose playing is a big influence on me.

”Crazy free improvisations”,
well call it what you want but, aah how I enjoyed the latter part from about 6.37 right to the end. It rolled on so intensely, for me very enjoyable. You don't need to keep things like this hidden.
What you are playing from the middle to the end is is pure gold. Thanks a million for sharing it!

You are playing wild and free and with such a touch that I feel that this is what…..well can’t find words for my expression of my amazement, surprise, enthusiasm..
Could I hear a bit of Keith Jarret too, in the first part…. some place…

Thank you budo. How about another… 

Best wishes,

Stig

Hi budo, your playing is always loose and lively but this improv really shines in chill and casual in a really good way. Great to hear you wandering around the keys always managing to bring things together into something exceptional, great stuff!

Ken

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
budo wrote:

”Crazy free improvisations”,
well call it what you want but, aah how I enjoyed the latter part from about 6.37 right to the end. It rolled on so intensely, for me very enjoyable. You don't need to keep things like this hidden.
What you are playing from the middle to the end is is pure gold. Thanks a million for sharing it!

You are playing wild and free and with such a touch that I feel that this is what…..well can’t find words for my expression of my amazement, surprise, enthusiasm..
Could I hear a bit of Keith Jarret too, in the first part…. some place…

Thank you budo. How about another… 

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much!  i'm glad you enjoyed this one.  it definitely wasn't as crazy as some of them.  i'm glad you could hear the influence of Jarrett in there, he is one of my favorite players.

kencarlino wrote:

Hi budo, your playing is always loose and lively but this improv really shines in chill and casual in a really good way. Great to hear you wandering around the keys always managing to bring things together into something exceptional, great stuff!

Ken

thank you so much.  i'm glad it had a chill vibe!  it was certainly hopefully meant to be more emotional

budo wrote:
kencarlino wrote:

Ken

thank you so much.  i'm glad it had a chill vibe!  it was certainly hopefully meant to be more emotional

Yes very chill! This displays your unusually sensitive playing as well. Thanks for sharing Budo.

honjr wrote:
budo wrote:
kencarlino wrote:

Ken

Yes very chill! This displays your unusually sensitive playing as well. Thanks for sharing Budo.

thank you so much for listening and for your comment!