Topic: My ”Classics up to date No 2” Organteq 2

Handel: Music for the Royal Fireworks: La réjouissance

The Music for the Royal Fireworks is a suite  in D major for wind instruments composed by Händel in 1749 under contract of George ll of Great Britain  for the fireworks in London’s Green Park on 27 April 1749.

And, dear listener, it was truly an incredible fireworks display on 27 April 1749! The musicians performed in a specially constructed building and....

The display was not as successful as the music itself: the weather was rainy, causing many misfires, and in the middle of the show the right pavillon caught fire. Also, a woman's clothes were set on fire by a stray rocket and other fireworks burned two soldiers and blinded a third. Yet another soldier had his hand blown off during an earlier rehearsal for the 101 cannons which were used during the event!

Presets:
Baroque Church
Romantic Church
Baroque Cathedral
Drums
Trumpet and trombone here and there

Enjoy,

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...nce%20.mp3

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: My ”Classics up to date No 2” Organteq 2

this was a lot of fun.  i didn't know the story of this piece and i sincerely hope that no one was injured while your performance was created

budo wrote:

this was a lot of fun.  i didn't know the story of this piece and i sincerely hope that no one was injured while your performance was created

Thank you budo for listening and nice comment 

Best wishes,

Stig

Hi Stig, you gave this piece a modern sound for sure, but it wasn't just from the drums, there is some crispness to all the sounds that energized it all. Well done!

Ken

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, you gave this piece a modern sound for sure, but it wasn't just from the drums, there is some crispness to all the sounds that energized it all. Well done!

Ken

Thank you ken for your kindness. I appreciate you are listening and giving comment.

Best wishes,

Stig