Topic: Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major Allegro Mvt 1, Organteq 2

Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major Allegro Mvt 1, Organteq 2

Organ version of this Bach orchestra masterpiece. 7 minutes.

Organteq rules - it is excellent .  I don't need to say more this time except that I had to take stop Bombarde 16’ from Organteq 1 in bass pedal (nice experiment). Needed that ”bombard” sound in this fantastic Bach piece to really get the feeling of attack, missiles, in the sound   

NOTICE:
And, Bach used more soloists in the Brandenburg Concerts orchestra than was customary at the time, the soloists are so numerous that the works are virtually symphonic. At various points in the composition, Bach crafted solo roles. SO, I made solo roles too, horn, trumpets at various points, to get it more real, so the music describe it more authentic (using those sounds I have in my little daw, not the best....).

I'm sorry that the synchronization, sound - picture didn't quite match, the processor couldn't handle it (old Mac mini)

Hope you enjoy   Recorded with headphones (always using headphones when recording, mostly Grado SR1.25X but sometimes Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm)

https://youtu.be/5LMrssrZNsk

All the best, everyone

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (14-03-2024 15:38)

Re: Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major Allegro Mvt 1, Organteq 2

Hi Stig, with this piece and performance one can really get lost in the sound as it is quite rhythmic and repeating so lends itself very well to that. Great job!

Ken

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, with this piece and performance one can really get lost in the sound as it is quite rhythmic and repeating so lends itself very well to that. Great job!

Ken

Thank you ken for that ”get lost in the sound”.
Yes, losing yourself in the music, becoming so immersed in the sounds that the world arounds us fades away momentarily - I myself have often experienced that it can create challenges, however, especially when it keeps me from carrying out my responsibilities for my wife in wheel chair. Maybe I wait for that 7-minute Brandenburg Allegro to wrap up before I head out to give some help….

Best wishes,

Stig

sounds beautiful!  this (and the other BCs) are some of my favorite pieces, so i really enjoyed your presentation and arrangement

budo wrote:

sounds beautiful!  this (and the other BCs) are some of my favorite pieces, so i really enjoyed your presentation and arrangement

Thank you budo. I also like Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F major, BWV 1047, because of the fantastic trumpet parts. Have not found any organ transcription on this one.  I am happy if someone finds an organ  transcription. Thanks!

Best wishes,

Stig