Topic: Pedal noise vanishing after a short time of playing U4 presets

Hi, after loading up a U4 preset, all is well for around a minute then all pedal noise is lost, moving/even maxing the slider is ineffective and the only way to get pedal noise back is to reload or load another U4 preset but, one minute…

Not sure if this is an 8.2 bug as I acquired the U4 post update. I’m on a silicon M1 Mac playing through Studio One 5.5.

Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by Topher (13-02-2024 17:26)

Re: Pedal noise vanishing after a short time of playing U4 presets

Topher wrote:

Hi, after loading up a U4 preset, all is well for around a minute then all pedal noise is lost, moving/even maxing the slider is ineffective and the only way to get pedal noise back is to reload or load another U4 preset but, one minute…

Not sure if this is an 8.2 bug as I acquired the U4 post update. I’m on a silicon M1 Mac playing through Studio One 5.5.

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi!

I don't own the U4 package, but I've observed similar behavior in other presets. I own the Steinway D, Kremsegg 2, Bechstein DG and Steingraeber packs. In my case, the Kremsegg Bechstein seems to have this problem quite often.

I might have missed this in other presets, as I tend to turn down the pedal noise by a few dB anyways.

Also, I am 100% certain to have observed this problem before v8.2 was released.

EDIT: Since you've specified your platform: I use PTQ 8.2 as a standalone application in Ubuntu Studio  running on an i5-8500 (non-T).

Last edited by prizmod (13-02-2024 18:03)

prizmod wrote:
Topher wrote:

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi!

I don't own the U4 package, but I've observed similar behavior in other presets. I own the Steinway D, Kremsegg 2, Bechstein DG and Steingraeber packs. In my case, the Kremsegg Bechstein seems to have this problem quite often.

I might have missed this in other presets, as I tend to turn down the pedal noise by a few dB anyways.

Also, I am 100% certain to have observed this problem before v8.2 was released.

EDIT: Since you've specified your platform: I use PTQ 8.2 as a standalone application in Ubuntu Studio  running on an i5-8500 (non-T).

Thanks, just tried the Kremsegg Bechstein in demo mode and am seeing the same behaviour.

Yeah, I’m not wanting too much pedal noise on my grands, either, but a felt upright without the noise…

Last edited by Topher (13-02-2024 20:04)

Topher wrote:

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi,

it is a bug. We will have a fix for it in the next Pianoteq update.

julien wrote:
Topher wrote:

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi,

it is a bug. We will have a fix for it in the next Pianoteq update.

Thanks, Julien. That’s good to hear.

Ah great to hear. I had exactly the same issue. And U4 is my main piano for live. Can't wait for the fix.

Cheers, Reyn

www.instagram.com/reynmusician