Topic: minimum requirements to run pianoteq 8 on ipad

Can someone please list all the minimum requirements required on an ipad in order to run Pianoteq 8. I see it requires ios version 15 or higher. What about storage requirements for say "Stage" with 2 instrument packs. Can the software be supported on an iPad Air? And processor minimums. It would be great if the minimum requirements were posted for Stage, Standard and Pro.

Re: minimum requirements to run pianoteq 8 on ipad

Crosscloud wrote:

Can someone please list all the minimum requirements required on an ipad in order to run Pianoteq 8. I see it requires ios version 15 or higher. What about storage requirements for say "Stage" with 2 instrument packs. Can the software be supported on an iPad Air? And processor minimums. It would be great if the minimum requirements were posted for Stage, Standard and Pro.

I don't have an iPad so I haven't tried this, however I'm pretty darn confident you would be in more trouble with the whole iPad if you couldn't even get Pianoteq on it!
The reason being the program does not use samples, so it's tiny compared to pretty much any other piano program you care to mention.
So if you don't have the space for Pianoteq the iPad would be in big trouble anyway.

The minimum processor requirement will be the same for all three versions.

From their FAQ:
"What iPhone or iPad model is compatible with Pianoteq?
We recommend a recent iPhone/iPad model, but Pianoteq runs well also on older models using iOS 15 or higher, such as iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPad Mini 4 and iPad 5."

Last edited by Key Fumbler (09-02-2024 20:23)

Crosscloud wrote:

Just install the demo and try it

Key Fumbler, My question is not about being able to download pianoteq 8 on an ipad using ios 15 or greater. I've already done that successfully. The question was about minimum requirements necessary to do this. I'm looking to buy another hopefully much older (and therefore much less expensive) iPad to run pianoteq 8 exclusively. I can't do that until I know the minimum requirements.

Last edited by Crosscloud (09-02-2024 23:00)

I've already purchased the "Stage" level Pianoteq 8 and have downloaded it successfully on my new iPad. I don't want to tie up my new iPad everytime I wish to use my piano. I'd like to find a used, older iPad on the cheap to just leave always connected to the piano. To buy one (cheap) I need to know the minimum requirements to run the ios version.

Crosscloud wrote:

I've already purchased the "Stage" level Pianoteq 8 and have downloaded it successfully on my new iPad. I don't want to tie up my new iPad everytime I wish to use my piano. I'd like to find a used, older iPad on the cheap to just leave always connected to the piano. To buy one (cheap) I need to know the minimum requirements to run the ios version.

I guess if one of the members has an old iPad you might get an answer. Bear in mind that if it's marginal an update might make it obsolete- limit you to older versions of Pianoteq.

If you want cheap and compact another option is to buy Raspberry Pi 5 and use this with a very small screen. Obviously that's not your familiar iPad experience though. Maybe a solution that's too technical for some.

Crosscloud wrote:

Hi there, I use Pianoteq on my old iPad Pro 2nd generation, and it works fine. Also on my iPhone 12. But here I notice occasional crackles (I like to use it with 64 samples buffer and 48000 Hz for natural response and good sound quality). Usage with background audio on and additional sound sources like iReal leads to unusable latency here. Can anyone tell how you set up your iOS devices for an optimal, pianoteq-exklusive, use of the cpu? thanks a lot!