Topic: Yamaha P225 issue with USB connection

Config:
- Pianoteq 8.2 on ipad pro (USB-C)
- mini HUB USB-C
- Printer cable to connect the hub to the keyboard
- USB-C cable to connect the ipad to the hub
- headphone connected to Hub audio output
- Audio out from the HUB via a standard mini jack

This config works w/o issue on Casio and Roland brands, but does not work on the P225 : no audio.
After thinking and cheks for a while I realize that both Casio and Roland do not have USB audio, only USB midi and P225 has both. So I suspect that the audio instead of being routed to the mini jack audio out of the hub is instead routed to the USB cable. But how to tell that to the P225? I did not find anything useful in the  various manuals of Yamaha.

Anyone is using Pianoteq on the Yamaha P225? Help please. Thanks

Last edited by Wotl (07-02-2024 06:40)

Re: Yamaha P225 issue with USB connection

Wotl wrote:

Config:
- mini HUB USB-C

This config works w/o issue on Casio and Roland brands, but does not work on the P225 : no audio.
After thinking and cheks for a while I realize that both Casio and Roland do not have USB audio, only USB midi and P225 has both. So I suspect that the audio instead of being routed to the mini jack audio out of the hub is instead routed to the USB cable. But how to tell that to the P225? I did not find anything useful in the  various manuals of Yamaha.

I don't have a P225 but I do have a dgx-670 (does audio over usb). In my case, I connect a single midi cable to an Ipad and camera adapter. After adjusting the mixer, I can get the sound from the 670 or Pianoteq or both out of the 670. The Pianoteq display shows where the sound is going. I suspect the P225 must have some mixer that does basically the same. Also, my manual it says not to use a hub for usb or use a usb cable over 3 meters. Good luck.

Re: Yamaha P225 issue with USB connection

levinite wrote:
Wotl wrote:

Config:
- mini HUB USB-C

I don't have a P225 but I do have a dgx-670 (does audio over usb). In my case, I connect a single midi cable to an Ipad and camera adapter. After adjusting the mixer, I can get the sound from the 670 or Pianoteq or both out of the 670. The Pianoteq display shows where the sound is going. I suspect the P225 must have some mixer that does basically the same. Also, my manual it says not to use a hub for usb or use a usb cable over 3 meters. Good luck.

Edit: (rant)
The real problem is Apple's famous iPAD, which does not allow one to select how to route the audio output. At least, not easily. If only we could send the midi to the DP and the audio to a selected device, as one might expect on a normal computer.

Still, I could be wrong about your issue since I don't know anything about the P225.