Topic: do keyboard shortcuts work in version eight?

Hi everyone,
I just upgraded from Piano tech stage 7 to ver. 8, and I’m finding that the keyboard shortcuts, at least the ones I use the most frequently (next/previous preset, next/previous instrument), don’t work. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, I am using a Huion touchscreen monitor with a dedicated stylus, and that doesn’t work either.

I didn't have either of these issues with version seven, and I still don’t. I can easily toggle between the two versions in Cubase, and it’s definitely a problem with version eight.

Thanks,
David

Re: do keyboard shortcuts work in version eight?

Hi Dvvy,

for me on version 8.0 Next preset, Previous preset and Next instrument, Previous instrument work fine but with the version 8.2 Next instrument and Previous instrument don't work no more (next and previous preset still work fine). I think it's a bug, so we have to wait for a new version !

Have a nice day

Keyboard shortcuts [N] [Ctrl + N] [P] [Ctrl + P] are working for me in a standalone edition of
Pianoteq: Standard 8.2.0/20240115 Linux

FWIW

Pat_92 wrote:

Hi Dvvy,

for me on version 8.0 Next preset, Previous preset and Next instrument, Previous instrument work fine but with the version 8.2 Next instrument and Previous instrument don't work no more (next and previous preset still work fine). I think it's a bug, so we have to wait for a new version !

Have a nice day

Interesting. Hopefully that will be resolved. Thanks for the reply.

groovy wrote:

Keyboard shortcuts [N] [Ctrl + N] [P] [Ctrl + P] are working for me in a standalone edition of
Pianoteq: Standard 8.2.0/20240115 Linux

FWIW

thanks, I’ll try it in standalone and see if it works there.

so, yes, keyboard shortcuts work very well in standalone mode.

Part of the issue seems to be clashes between pianoteq shortcuts, and Cubase shortcuts. But it’s oddly inconsistent. Some of the Cubase shortcuts interfere and others don’t. For example, “p” and “n” work in Pianoteq even though they are assigned shortcuts in Cubase, but Ctr P and Ctr N don’t.

Last edited by Dvvy (01-03-2024 22:03)