Topic: iPad USB-C + Yamaha P-515

Hello dear Modartt people,

This topic was probably covered a lot of times but in my search of older posts I did not find a clear and easy answer on this.

I got an iPad with a USB-C Port and I have the Yamaha P-515.

What would be the easiest way to connect both, so the Yamaha can play pianoteq on the iPad and I could hear the sounds via headphones (be it through iPad or Yamaha, important thing is no/low latency).

Thank you very much!

Sincerely
Andy

Re: iPad USB-C + Yamaha P-515

Anditore wrote:

Hello dear Modartt people,

This topic was probably covered a lot of times but in my search of older posts I did not find a clear and easy answer on this.

I got an iPad with a USB-C Port and I have the Yamaha P-515.

What would be the easiest way to connect both, so the Yamaha can play pianoteq on the iPad and I could hear the sounds via headphones (be it through iPad or Yamaha, important thing is no/low latency).

Thank you very much!

Sincerely
Andy

Hi Andy.

The easiest way is to simply connect the iPad to the piano with an USB cable (USB-B to USB-C), then in Pianoteq options choose the p-515 as the audio output. Then go to the pianos midi settings and choose “local control off”. After that you can play Pianoteq sound through the pianos speakers or headphone output.

Regarding the latency it is determined by the buffer size and sample rate. My advise would be to start with keeping the sample rate at 44.1 or 48Khz and then go as low as your system can handle with the buffer size. A latency around or below 5ms should feel alright. I usually keep my buffer size at 128 samples.

Last edited by johanibraaten (02-02-2024 09:05)