Topic: I Mean You (Pianoteq)

here's a famous tune by Monk, "I Mean You."  lots of fun twists in the chord progression.  the intro is how he did it (more or less), although his intro didn't make it into the lead sheet, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlGRVAMGqY

Re: I Mean You (Pianoteq)

I liked the left hand playing - there were some short sections with very interesting fast flow. There the left hand was golden. And  the way you play piano is always amazing (at least for me). And a nice ”swing” in this playing. And a tuned piano    And a very nice ending, came suddenly.
Thank you budo - keep on shining.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (02-02-2024 05:16)

A wonderful listen as always!

Ken

What a swingin' tune! Wonderful performance, arrangement, and loose but energetically creative improvisational feel.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

I liked the left hand playing - there were some short sections with very interesting fast flow. There the left hand was golden. And  the way you play piano is always amazing (at least for me). And a nice ”swing” in this playing. And a tuned piano    And a very nice ending, came suddenly.
Thank you budo - keep on shining.

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you, i really appreciate it!  yes one benefit of pianoteq is that one can play a Monk tune on a piano in better shape than the ones he had to deal with

kencarlino wrote:

A wonderful listen as always!

Ken

thank you, i appreciate your listening!

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

What a swingin' tune! Wonderful performance, arrangement, and loose but energetically creative improvisational feel.

thank you, i really appreciate it!