Topic: Scarlatti K 208 (Pianoteq Guitar)

Testing Pianoteq Guitar Gentle with Scarlatti K 208

Most of Scarlatti's sonatas were composed for harpsichord so first I chose Blanchet harpsichord. Despite the fact I can’t play nuances of dynamics and phrasing on harpsichord, as one can on piano. BUT, It was, sounded, a bit ”cold”.

Then I tried with guitar, and wow, I like it, I think I now got it much more soft, sensitive and like a restfull timeless rendition of this beautiful little piece. It's a beautiful one in its simplicity. I think more romantic than baroque. But difficult to play for me. Using two Guitar Gentle.

Bach, Scarlatti (Domenico) and Händel were born on the same year 1685. Scarlatti and Handel met in Italy and greatly appreciated each other, but Bach never met Handel nor Scarlatti.( Google)

Hope you enjoy as much as I do and please feel free to leave any comments.

https://youtu.be/HzMgBsTCoJ4

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: Scarlatti K 208 (Pianoteq Guitar)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Most of Scarlatti's sonatas were composed for harpsichord so first I chose Blanchet harpsichord. Despite the fact I can’t play nuances of dynamics and phrasing on harpsichord, as one can on piano. BUT, It was, sounded, a bit ”cold”.

Then I tried with guitar, and wow, I like it, I think I now got it much more soft, sensitive and like a restfull timeless rendition of this beautiful little piece. It's a beautiful one in its simplicity. I think more romantic than baroque. But difficult to play for me. Using two Guitar Gentle.

Bach, Scarlatti (Domenico) and Händel were born on the same year 1685. Scarlatti and Handel met in Italy and greatly appreciated each other, but Bach never met Handel nor Scarlatti.( Google)

All the best, everyone

Stig

Hey there Stig

Thank you so much for playing this - it is such a beautiful sonata by Scarlatti, and one of the few that (to me anyway..) sound better on guitar than on piano. It has such a restful, devotional quality to it, and you captured that very well.

All the best,
1MD

Hi Stig, this guitar preset and playing style does indeed feel like a fitting replacement for the Harpsichord here. Great job continuing to mix instruments to the composer!

1MuddyDog wrote:

All the best, everyone

Stig

Hey there Stig

Thank you so much for playing this - it is such a beautiful sonata by Scarlatti, and one of the few that (to me anyway..) sound better on guitar than on piano. It has such a restful, devotional quality to it, and you captured that very well.

All the best,
1MD

Thank you 1MD for your kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Stig

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, this guitar preset and playing style does indeed feel like a fitting replacement for the Harpsichord here. Great job continuing to mix instruments to the composer!

Thank you ken. I appreciate your taking the time to listen and your encouragement.

Best wishes,

Stig

This is a beautiful version of the piece.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

This is a beautiful version of the piece.

Thank you Steve, appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Stig

very lovely performance of this piece.  it works great with the guitars.  very calming and soothing!

budo wrote:

very lovely performance of this piece.  it works great with the guitars.  very calming and soothing!

Thank you budo. I appreciate your comment.

Best wishes,

Stig

Sounds great. This is my first time hearing this sonata but the adagio movement is beautiful. Very nice performance

Alcaknight wrote:

Sounds great. This is my first time hearing this sonata but the adagio movement is beautiful. Very nice performance

Thank you Alcaknight for your kind and most generous comment and for listening to my music. Stay tuned. More of very different kind is coming

Best wishes,

Stig