Topic: Adding to Steinway D and Grand K2...

I want to add another piano to my Pianoteq collection.  What would be a good "complement" to the two mentioned here (Steinway D and K2)?    Something with a different timbre, that is not too esoteric like the "historical" pianos that are available.   I'd love to audition all the pianos and then select one, but that does not appear to be an option.  (If there is an easy way to try out all the different models, let me know.)

Otherwise, asking if people have a fav that is in distinct contrast from the 2 I already have.

Thank you, in advance,

Re: Adding to Steinway D and Grand K2...

HappyKyne wrote:

I want to add another piano to my Pianoteq collection.  What would be a good "complement" to the two mentioned here (Steinway D and K2)?    Something with a different timbre, that is not too esoteric like the "historical" pianos that are available.   I'd love to audition all the pianos and then select one, but that does not appear to be an option.  (If there is an easy way to try out all the different models, let me know.)

Otherwise, asking if people have a fav that is in distinct contrast from the 2 I already have.

Thank you, in advance,

All the pianos can be played as demo versions with only some limitations.
All the models are available.

HappyKyne wrote:

Thank you, in advance,

Presumably a while back you went into the Pianoteq Options screen and chose to hide the packs you didn't have - which I do.

If you want to audition a pack:
EDIT>Preferences>Instruments> change "hidden" to "unhide" from the down arrow on the "Purchase" section under the graphic for any packs you wish to audition.

Then you can use the pianos and the only limit is a few deactivated keys - enough to decide. 

Since all the pianos just got revoiced in the last few hours favourite may change and it's best to decide for yourself anyway.  Perhaps pick up the electric pack?

Have a listen to C.Bechstein DG Recording 3 with the Blues Demo..

HappyKyne wrote:

Thank you, in advance,

I recommend you to try YC5. It is different from the ones you already have, without being exotic. It is a very realistic and useful piano.

Respeito, Esforço e Sabedoria

Bluthner would be my answer. It has a unique tone thanks for its 4th string in the treable

From modartt's description:

"A unique feature in Blüthner's grand pianos is the fourth string for each key in the treble, called the Aliquot system. Its purpose is to create a sympathetic vibrating string that enhances the tone. This feature is included in the Pianoteq model. In the Standard and Pro version it is possible to modify this specific parameter in order to decrease or increase the effect."

Bluthner also sounds very good to my ears. This would be my pick if I ever needed another grand.

Otherwise go with U4 or Rhodes pack. You can increase the string length on the U4 to make it sound more grand but still have a different feel to it. You can try it out by starting a 20 minute trial in the settings.