Topic: YESTERDAY, Beatles in a funk way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOsdXXVnwo0

Enjoy a jazzy piano cover of Yesterday by Lennon/McCartney (McCartney alone to be fair).
It features an accompaniment of double bass and drums in a sort of mixed funk/cajun rhythm.
A part from piano, that is a Pianoteq Steinway Grand, bass and drums are Logic X Pro internal sounds.
Creating a jazz mood is not so easy in pure midi. Let me know how realistic is this cover, its sound and the whole mix.
Enjoy a - please - subscribe to my Youtube channel e click the bell to receive notifications about any new Pianoteq video that I publish also once a week.
Thanks!
Paolo

Re: YESTERDAY, Beatles in a funk way!

pflying wrote:

Enjoy a jazzy piano cover of Yesterday by Lennon/McCartney (McCartney alone to be fair).
It features an accompaniment of double bass and drums in a sort of mixed funk/cajun rhythm.
A part from piano, that is a Pianoteq Steinway Grand, bass and drums are Logic X Pro internal sounds.
Creating a jazz mood is not so easy in pure midi. Let me know how realistic is this cover, its sound and the whole mix.
Enjoy a - please - subscribe to my Youtube channel e click the bell to receive notifications about any new Pianoteq video that I publish also once a week.
Thanks!
Paolo

When you take into account how it is done, created in pure midi, I have to say, it is quite impressive really.
I was skeptical at first but the more I listened the more I liked it. An impressive achievement, stands out in the ”midi segments”. Of course we all have to keep in mind that this is midi version. As such, bravo, keep going!

Thank you paolo for sharing.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (16-01-2024 14:05)

Re: YESTERDAY, Beatles in a funk way!

Thank you Stig!
Well, Pianoteq is a midi instrument too...

Midi is able to mimic almost anything, provided that you have good virtual instruments.
And this is mind blowing if you think that Robert Moog (yes that moog) announced MIDI standard in 1982.
It's a very old technology.
I think that the very important point is to play any instrument live on a master keyboard and being able to mimic on a keyboard every instrument characteristic way of playing, not just playing it as a pianist.
Piano Roll should be used only for tweaking and correcting errors.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
pflying wrote:

Thanks!
Paolo

When you take into account how it is done, created in pure midi, I have to say, it is quite impressive really.
I was skeptical at first but the more I listened the more I liked it. An impressive achievement, stands out in the ”midi segments”. Of course we all have to keep in mind that this is midi version. As such, bravo, keep going!

Thank you paolo for sharing.

Best wishes,

Stig