Topic: Nature Boy (Pianoteq)

here's a tune by eden ahbez (not Miles Davis, no matter what the book says) that was first performed by Nat King Cole, "Nature Boy."  tons of people have covered this tune so it's not exactly obscure.  it's such a great tune, i wish i knew more about ahbez's music.  this is the only one i ever hear performed ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjeG6bon5sY

Re: Nature Boy (Pianoteq)

Hi Budo, thank you for the Monday night jazz journey - great performance!

budo wrote:

here's a tune by eden ahbez (not Miles Davis, no matter what the book says) that was first performed by Nat King Cole, "Nature Boy."  tons of people have covered this tune so it's not exactly obscure.  it's such a great tune, i wish i knew more about ahbez's music.  this is the only one i ever hear performed ...

Beautiful rendition!  Your improvising is impressive.  Thank you budo!
An inspirational quote by Eden Ahbez about the value of Love:The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love and be loved in return”. I listened to people singing this melody too.

While listening to your playing I thought about my own life, marriage, with difficulties at times, your sections with slow tempo, low volume and the faster sections in between and faster, like a marriage...and the lyrics - to love and be loved in return -  if I was the one in a wheelchair, I'm sure she would help me too …Love!

Best wishes,

Stig

Very singular. You gave a pop/classical colour to this one. Something different. When I hear/read the Nature boy title, I've always the Kurt Elling's version in mind (it's me).

A bit too dynamic (to me), but a nice version you've made.

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Budo, thank you for the Monday night jazz journey - great performance!

thank you so much!

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
budo wrote:

Beautiful rendition!  Your improvising is impressive.  Thank you budo!
An inspirational quote by Eden Ahbez about the value of Love:The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love and be loved in return”. I listened to people singing this melody too.

While listening to your playing I thought about my own life, marriage, with difficulties at times, your sections with slow tempo, low volume and the faster sections in between and faster, like a marriage...and the lyrics - to love and be loved in return -  if I was the one in a wheelchair, I'm sure she would help me too …Love!

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much for your beautiful comments!  i feel honored that the music prompted you to think of such emotional things.

Borealis wrote:

Very singular. You gave a pop/classical colour to this one. Something different. When I hear/read the Nature boy title, I've always the Kurt Elling's version in mind (it's me).

A bit too dynamic (to me), but a nice version you've made.

thank you for your comments.  i will check out his version.  yes it did get a bit dramatic