Topic: G.F. Händel: suite no. 8 in f minor hwv 433 - allemande

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NP1DsqNqeI

While not really in the habit of playing often Händel (even more, I never played Händel in my life before I discovered this beautiful Allemande from the 8th Suite, which happened a few days ago), I recognize that I have strong opinions about not using the same rhetoric as applied when playing this kind of baroque music on the harpsichord.
Nonetheless,  many established and well-known recording on piano combine in a way the harpsichord rhetoric with a kind of revised Chopin rubato.
In my view this Allemande is better served while imagining the reserved sound of a bassoon combined with a pretty stable rhythm, a modest tempo and an aristocratic swing.
I hope you like it. Feel free to comment below

Re: G.F. Händel: suite no. 8 in f minor hwv 433 - allemande

sounded great to me!  really beautiful.

paulvanbladel wrote:

While not really in the habit of playing often Händel (even more, I never played Händel in my life before I discovered this beautiful Allemande from the 8th Suite, which happened a few days ago), I recognize that I have strong opinions about not using the same rhetoric as applied when playing this kind of baroque music on the harpsichord.
Nonetheless,  many established and well-known recording on piano combine in a way the harpsichord rhetoric with a kind of revised Chopin rubato.
In my view this Allemande is better served while imagining the reserved sound of a bassoon combined with a pretty stable rhythm, a modest tempo and an aristocratic swing.

Paul, I think your playing is always musical and expressive. I find this interpretation to be insightful, clear tone and elegant touche -  just perfect for this Händel music
I have played many Händel pieces. I like Händels music.
Have played G.F. Handel Suite No 5 in E Major 'The Harmonious Blacksmith, "Passacaglia" movement, at the end of of the 7th suite of the eight keyboard suites from Händel, Lascia Ch'io Pianga,  The Cuckoo and the Nightingale,  The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from oratorio Salomon, Händels hallelujah Choir from oratorio Messiah with Organteq a s o.

Thanks for sharing your music. Always interesting listening to your playing

p.s. could it be possible that you play Debussy Reverie at some point. Love that music….

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (18-12-2023 11:51)

Thank you stig.
Indeed, the orchestral music and opera's of handel is of the best there is.
Warm regards and happy year ending.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
paulvanbladel wrote:

Paul, I think your playing is always musical and expressive. I find this interpretation to be insightful, clear tone and elegant touche -  just perfect for this Händel music
I have played many Händel pieces. I like Händels music.
Have played G.F. Handel Suite No 5 in E Major 'The Harmonious Blacksmith, "Passacaglia" movement, at the end of of the 7th suite of the eight keyboard suites from Händel, Lascia Ch'io Pianga,  The Cuckoo and the Nightingale,  The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from oratorio Salomon, Händels hallelujah Choir from oratorio Messiah with Organteq a s o.

Thanks for sharing your music. Always interesting listening to your playing

p.s. could it be possible that you play Debussy Reverie at some point. Love that music….

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by paulvanbladel (18-12-2023 20:38)

Many thanks.

budo wrote:

sounded great to me!  really beautiful.

lovely interpretation and nice wet sound—bravo!
which pt instrument/fxp are you using here?