Topic: Sounds you've never heard from Orgtq 2 before

This piece of music, in its simplicity, is among my favorites of all that I've recorded with Orgtq, and it's hundreds of pieces and growing all the time.
I have modified, (made changes) to sound, and tweaked (slightly ”improved” the sound). I love to experiment.

One thing I did, is to copy a recorded track so I have 3 tracks with same ”melody”. Then I changed the tuning tr 1 440Hz   tr 2 438 Hz  tr 3 436 Hz.
The sound becomes fatter/fuller when playing them together.
This can be heard best in the first section and the last section (same).
( you then can keep experimenting until your sound becomes fatter than if you use just many of the same stops put together at the same time). Of course too much is too much….

(For interested:
I got the idea from Bo Michael Tretow, a Swedish record producer and audio engineer, musician and composer, best known for his work with the Swedish  pop group ABBA  (1970–1982), and with the musical Chess.
Tretow experimented with different recording techniques, and played an essential part in creating the "ABBA sound”.
Therefore, the group never sounded the same live, as on record).

The music is Miniature 11 by M. Higgs
Enjoy Organteq 2!

https://youtu.be/1k_PA678wUQ

All the best, everyone

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (09-12-2023 17:12)

Re: Sounds you've never heard from Orgtq 2 before

Hi Stig, very interesting, for me it has a bit of a strange combination of whimsy and early to mid sixties psychedelia with a touch of romance thrown in.

Re: Sounds you've never heard from Orgtq 2 before

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, very interesting, for me it has a bit of a strange combination of whimsy and early to mid sixties psychedelia with a touch of romance thrown in.

Thank you ken for your comment. It's always interesting reading how different we can hear the music. I always appreciate your comments.

Best wishes,

Stig