Topic: Stabat Mater, Largo, G B Pergolesi, 2 Guitars and Organteq 2 bass line

Stabat Mater is the title of a thirteenth-century Latin hymn and it means "the Mother was standing." In Latin, the hymn consists of twenty couplets which describe the Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin at the Cross. There are more than sixty English translations that have been made of the Stabat Mater. 

Composed in the final weeks of Pergolesi's life, 1736.
The work is divided into twelve movements.
Pergolesi died on 16 or 17 March 1736 at the age of 26. He is considered one of the greatest Italian musicians of the first half of the 18th century.

It is scored for soprano and alto soloists, violin and viola and basso continuo.
Here I am using 2 guitars Gentle and Organteq 2 bass line.

https://youtu.be/-IBdRfyEoxU

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: Stabat Mater, Largo, G B Pergolesi, 2 Guitars and Organteq 2 bass line

so beautiful and atmospheric!  i felt like i could be watching the opening credits of a film ... you always find such interesting pieces to present

budo wrote:

so beautiful and atmospheric!  i felt like i could be watching the opening credits of a film ... you always find such interesting pieces to present

Thank you so much budo. I appreciate your comment

Best wishes,

Stig

Has a bit of a lonely feeling for me. Individually I like the instruments yet something about them together didn't feel fully together. It's not really a bad thing and it might even be part of the feeling it gave me overall. Thanks for continuing to explore and push into different areas!

kencarlino wrote:

Has a bit of a lonely feeling for me. Individually I like the instruments yet something about them together didn't feel fully together. It's not really a bad thing and it might even be part of the feeling it gave me overall. Thanks for continuing to explore and push into different areas!

Thank you ken. Always glad for your comments.

Best wishes,

Stig