Topic: The Brook - Organteq 2

The Brook, for keyboard (harpsichord, piano, organ ...)
Organteq 2
Live performance recorded to MIDI, mistakes and all--
I think I should have started the piece with fewer stops and less dense sound, flute or oboe-like. Have a lot to learn to familiarize myself with organ, using stops and rapidly changing combinations. Still don't have a pedalboard.

https://youtu.be/7af4MxIyDTQ

--

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (04-12-2023 13:27)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: The Brook - Organteq 2

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

The Brook, for keyboard (harpsichord, piano, organ ...)
Organteq 2
Live performance recorded to MIDI, mistakes and all--
I think I should have started the piece with fewer stops and less dense sound, flute or oboe-like. Have a lot to learn to familiarize myself with organ, using stops and rapidly changing combinations. Still don't have a pedalboard.

https://youtu.be/7af4MxIyDTQ

--

Bravo Steve!!!   I love it, love it.

What wonderful creativity. I myself have tried music similar to Camel in desert, The hen house, Outer space, Cacophony etc  but this is fantastic. You nailed it! What a fantastic work with a church organ - we have a real tool box now.

Listening to this it is really like a brook - a small stream, a natural stream of water, smaller than a river. A hot day, you might enjoy wading in a babbling brook listening to this 
What can I say more . Congratulations Steve! (and your way of using chords is always nice to listen to) And don't change anything, the river flows with the same force day and night

All the best to you, hope to see you soon here again,

Stig

Edit  I would have voted for this song if it had been in the contest.

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (04-12-2023 17:17)

Re: The Brook - Organteq 2

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Bravo Steve!!!   I love it, love it. What wonderful creativity. I myself have tried music similar to Camel in desert, The hen house, Outer space, Cacophony etc  but this is fantastic. You nailed it! What a fantastic work with a church organ - we have a real tool box now. ...

I also love what an organ can offer, as the world's first synthesizer. I miss the piano's sustain pedal, but in working with a less-than-ideal pedalboard I realized that sustained notes played with the feet can offer a type of sustained sound between breaks in finger movement and can substitute for a sustain pedal or compensate for the lack of it.

I too believe that Organteq is an amazing accomplishment by the Modartt team and a wonderful musical tool box, as you say. Pianoteq too, of course.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq