Topic: Fragment from an Etude (Ptq preset YC5 Solo recording)

This is only the beginning of an etude, that I could play in different keys when I was younger. At that time I tried to fight on my own, for a long time, after the teacher told me I'll never be a pianist. I finally played the whole piece. But here are the fragments of the fine etude how they sound with Ptq 8 YC5 Solo Recording now.

Some things you learn, can stay in the memory, spinal cord, well into old age, like now

(The spinal cord carries nerve signals from your brain to your body and vice versa. These nerve signals help you control body movements and functions. Like moving fingers and play). 

I’m slower now. Don't understand how Rubinstein could give a concert when he was 89 and almost blind…..? I'm not blind yet but may not live as long as he. One day at a time

Enjoy the small fragments I remember, separated from the Etude. I think it was my ”bravura performance”, the best I could, at that time.

https://youtu.be/9KPRhzn0fMU

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: Fragment from an Etude (Ptq preset YC5 Solo recording)

Hi Stig, very nice a brisk! The sustain petal was really worked hard in this piece.

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, very nice a brisk! The sustain petal was really worked hard in this piece.

Thank you ken. I'm glad you have time to listen to my pieces..

Best wishes,

Stig

well it seems to me you are still able to play this piece with a lot of fire and gusto!  i'm not familiar with it but it sounded great.

budo wrote:

well it seems to me you are still able to play this piece with a lot of fire and gusto!  i'm not familiar with it but it sounded great.

Thank you budo. I feel a bit rusty with increasing age and some health problems...but I'm still playing several hours a day    To keep "oil" in the engine   

Best wishes,

Stig