Topic: Scriabin Prelude in G Minor, Op 27 No 1 (PianoTeq)

Here is Scriabin's Prelude in G Minor Op 27 No 1:

https://youtu.be/qQMLuz9i1V8

It starts with a simple motif which gives very little hint of the intense climax that will follow. After this climax, the opening theme is restated in a more full-bodied and turbulent form, with octaves in both hands, and with the left hand taking advantage of the lower registers of the piano. The work starts in G Minor, but ends in G Major. Scriabin delays resolution to G by an extended sequence in which he appears to be moving towards C Minor instead. This has the effect of intensifying the atmosphere of the close, and one almost breathes a sigh of relief when G Major finally appears.

I hope you will enjoy the piece, and as always, thank you for listening !

Re: Scriabin Prelude in G Minor, Op 27 No 1 (PianoTeq)

1MuddyDog wrote:

It starts with a simple motif which gives very little hint of the intense climax that will follow. After this climax, the opening theme is restated in a more full-bodied and turbulent form, with octaves in both hands, and with the left hand taking advantage of the lower registers of the piano. The work starts in G Minor, but ends in G Major. Scriabin delays resolution to G by an extended sequence in which he appears to be moving towards C Minor instead. This has the effect of intensifying the atmosphere of the close, and one almost breathes a sigh of relief when G Major finally appears.

Very beautiful interpretation (some people play it too fast in my opinion). It’s always worth listening to your playing. Scriabin was a controversial composer but you get much in your playing, lyrical, sensitive tone….
I’m looking forward to your next upload.

Thank you 1MD for sharing and thanks for the description about the piece.
It then becomes even more interesting to listen to your playing.

Best wishes,

Stig

Yes, this really builds from soft and delicate at the start to full of power. Creates a nice atmosphere and was a joy to listen too. Great job!

Ken

kencarlino wrote:

Yes, this really builds from soft and delicate at the start to full of power. Creates a nice atmosphere and was a joy to listen too. Great job!

Ken

Hey there Ken,

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it!

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
1MuddyDog wrote:

Very beautiful interpretation (some people play it too fast in my opinion). It’s always worth listening to your playing. Scriabin was a controversial composer but you get much in your playing, lyrical, sensitive tone….
I’m looking forward to your next upload.

Thank you 1MD for sharing and thanks for the description about the piece.
It then becomes even more interesting to listen to your playing.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hey there Stig,

Always good to hear from you

Thanks for your kind comment and encouraging words, they are always much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the piece!